“Quick overnight for Steelers game”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Southside Works
Ranked #63 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in South Side, Pgh. We have stayed her in the past. There was a wedding and hotel security was unable to control the guests-we were awoken many times that night-ugh! We didn't complain but to call the desk 3 times but no follow up by management-guess they don't care-If I remember correctly this happened the first time here too. Quick walk to hofbrau house...a must see in pgh and better to walk after the evening!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Beautiful large room that was extremely clean! Sat down on the sofa and it was soaking wet. Needed the sofa bed for my daughter so called the front desk. They came up and told us that the room had probably been deep cleaned that day and that the sofa was wet from cleaning. It was was way to wet to be from cleaning and by morning there were water stains all over the cushions! Fortunately the mattress was dry and it appeared to just be wet from water. There was no bedding for the sleeper sofa in room either so had to request these. Worst thing about the hotel is there are train tracks that run right next to the back of the hotel with a tunnel at the end of the building, as the train enters the tunnel it toots its horn two to three times. Trains ran every half hour all night long!!!! Got no sleep!!!! Can't believe Marriott chose this properly to put a Hotel! Complained at the desk in the morning and they were apologetic and said next time to request a room in the front of the building. There won't be a next time!!

Room Tip: Don't stay!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013

really pretty, modern room, small kitchenette, beautiful bathroom mirror. Nice lobby, great shuttle driver, john, funny and extremely helpful! kudos John! Didn'[t make it to free breakfast, parking a little steep. Train isn't too great for light sleeper, but what are you gonna do?? Overall nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NikkiHP
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend for a family getaway. It is close to a lot of shopping and dining choices. A newer hotel that was great from beginning to end. I had work issue's that I ended up needing assistance from the hotel staff throughout the weekend. My issue went on through numerous shift changes and everyone was right on top of it for me.

Would recommend this property if even staying for a downtown event or function.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Although the location is great, and the rooms are comfortable, Marriott chose to locate this hotel about 15 feet (quite literally) from a freight train line that runs about every hour throughout the night. You can tell by the 2 toots of the train's horn and then the room starts to shake. And, then in the morning they have the weak Marriott coffee (unlike the Courtyard hotels they don't have Starbucks). If you want actual sleep - pick another hotel.
The staff was less then helpful (including lying to me when I checked in I remined them that my profile indicated a quiet room, and was told that this was a quiet room. What a surprise I got an hour later when the 1st of many trains started to roll by!)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank paige w
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Enjoyed staying here for a night in September! Well-located to the shopping and restaraunts of Southside works and is spacious and cozy in the room itself- almost too big for my boyfriend and I. The free shuttle was a great add to drop us off at PNC Park. No complaints, the train didn't really bother me at all. Great for corporate visits to American Eagle, was cool to see their headquarters right there as well. Haufbrauhaus is a must do, walkable from this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 weeks straight. At the beginning we gave our both passport for checking-in, made sure I got the room away from the railway. It has been so far good, greeting us whenever we going out and going inside the hotel. Its just iritated me one morning I had to go down for breakfast and I forgot my card key inside our room. So ofcourse I had to go down and ask if I could get a spare one. The girl infront ask whats my room number so I gave it to her. She found out that its only under my husbands name and she dont know what she could do about it? And her colleague was aslo there, asking me if I have any identification card??
WTH!! I got locked out of my room how can I give you any IDs? Good thing I have my cellphone, called my husband and talk to this guy. I meant, really how stupid can you be? Btw, this happened on the last 2 days of our stayed in this hotel. And still they dont know me, Thats it! Planning on going back next month but I dont think we are going back to this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: make sure you are away from the train.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business