“Convenient and comfortable”

Ranked #61 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Warrington, Pennsylvania
“Convenient and comfortable”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My family stayed here for the weekend. There were 6 of us staying in 3 rooms. We were here to visit our son and his wife and to see the Phillies/Pirates game. Many Phillies fans stayed here. The stay was comfortable and convenient to where my son lives in Squirrel Hill.
The hotel room was nice and quiet, but strangely decorated. There was a small closet at the far end, but the sparse furniture was unbalanced to the proportions of the suite. No real sizable drawers, other than 2 tiny ones below the tv. I guess they dont expect anyone to unpack.
I thought it was a bit overpriced, although it did include breakfast, which was just ok. The $14.00 per day parking fee was ridiculous! We stayed in Monroeville a few times at the Marriott Courtyard and they never charged a parking fee. I guess you pay for convenience and location. They also have a free shuttle bus, some guests used it to get to the ballpark, but we didn't take it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I guaranteed my reservation 2 months ago for a King sized bed. When I checked in it wasn't a King and when I called the front desk they said the reservation said 2 Queens (I had my print out), they said they were full and couldn't change my room. They told me that if I had booked the reservation by calling the hotel directly they would have given me my room as I reserved. When I called Customer Service I found out that someone at the hotel had changed my reservation and the Customer Service Rep said the front staff were rude to him too! He told me they had to give me the room I reserved and what do you know a King Sized Room was available. Later tonight when I left to go to dinner the front staff called over other employees to point me out. I felt like I was in High School. I will not be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Book your room by calling the hotel directly
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Just spent a night here, back home now for a nights sleep...had issues with the freight train running during the night and early morning, no need for an alarm clock...positively, spacious rooms, good location, good for families, breakfast is ok for the money, beds and decor are good with the usual kitchenette in rooms, shuttle service is great to get you around town. I'd stay again on with a riverside room.

• Stayed March 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel to attend the NHL Winter Classic. I was there for 4 days and would stay there again. I'm not sure if the hotel was built new or remodeled,but everything was new and clean. The staff was exceptional and made my trip. From the front desk to the shuttle drivers, everyone was so helpful in answering my many questions and very friendly to boot. They went well out of their way to get me what I needed. It was a little further distance-wise from downtown, but with a little planning & help from the staff, I got where I needed to go quickly. Apparently, I am told this end of the Southside district has received a major overhaul. I felt totally safe. The hotel was surrounded by many restaurants and shops......everything looked brand new.
Great job, everybody!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Great location along river adjacent to restaurants, bars, and shops. The hotel appeared to be brand new with large well decorated rooms. Adjacent parking lot to hotel (free). Kristin did a great job checking us in and ensuring a perfect room. The breakfast selections in the morning were great.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed January 24, 2011

This was my second time at this hotel. We stayed there for three days this past July, as well. I've read the other reviews and they're mostly correct. You need to book hotels based on your likes and needs. This hotel may not be right for you, but I love it.

This trip was during the week and you could have shot a cannon through the hotel. It was so quiet, it was almost eerie. Yes, you can hear trains; but this is Pittsburgh! I actually love their sound and you can't escape them unless you stay right downtown in a $300 hotel. In the morning, I sat in the comfy living area with my coffee and watched a tug push barges down the river outside my window. I could hear his horn all the way down the river, and I loved it! It's so Pittsburgh!!

In July, our stay included a weekend and it was rather noisy. You could hear people coming and going at all hours and the doors SLAM!!!! But, again, you have to remember where you are. This is in an entertainment district with bars, restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and partying. That may or may not be right for you. Ask for a room at the end of a hall and it really cuts down on the noise. The location is perfect for me. Close to nightlife and colleges, but not downtown.

The room is huge and centered around a water theme. The colors are aquatic and it's a modern look. Great beds, with white linens and lots of pillows. There is a separate living area, desk, sink, fridge, and microwave. Very spacious and some rooms have wonderful views of the river, city, and walking paths. Parking lot next to the hotel, with in and out privileges. Breakfast has tons of options and is well serviced. (Weekend breakfast was really BUSY and crowded.) Friendly, helpful staff who smile and greet you. Small "market" area with snacks and microwave food. No bar, but an easy walk to Southside Works and Carson Street, where you can find lots of action! A great spot!

• Stayed January 2011
Virginia
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in November for a Steelers game. Easy drive to the game if you know the city at all; however, you cannot take hotel transportation to/from Heinz Field or PNC. Good value, clean and modern room, and lots of food and night life nearby. Rooms on the river side are best. Other posts mentioned train noise, but we did not have a problem with that.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family