“FABULOUS”

Ranked #27 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Ann Arbor, MI
“FABULOUS”
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Great location - near our business meeting. The "manager's toast" (Mon - Wed) was a meal! Wonderful presentation for both breakfast & manager's toast. Lisa was wonderful, cheery and helpful during the meal times. Hotel was new and great decor! Rooms were VERY well lighted!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2010

this hotel is new and very "hip". Great people at the front desk-room was beautiful-perfect for our family. Breakfast was great too and the location-we walked to Heinz Stadium-awesome!! If I come back to Pittsburgh-I wont stay anyplace else.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed at the PGH Residence Inn while waiting for my new apartment right after moving to the area. This hotel was awesome.

The location was perfect -- I could easily walk downtown to work throughout my stay. It was easily to access the interstate to get to the burbs and shopping. There were tons of restaurants near and slightly further. I was able to go to a Pirates game across the street while there too.

I was there with my two dogs and the staff were super helpful and friendly. They worked with me, taking the dogs out for a short walk while the room was cleaned. When i would bring the dogs in and out the front desk staff was always ready to give them a treat. As other reviewers suggested, just up the block there was a great walk along the riverfront for dogs or for kids needing a little area to run around.

I didn't partake of the free breakfast too often, however when I did it was always good.

I would reccomend this hotel in a heartbeat to any friends who were looking for a hotel in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My hubby and I stayed a weekend night. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. We walked down to the Warhol museum. We chose to drive to the strip district but the front desk pointed out a shuttle was available within a 3 mile radius. The only negative was the parking fee of $18 since immediately next door (you can walk/no fence) is parking for $7 a day. Of course we noticed this while walking to the museum! The staff were very friendly and accomodating. So much more to do in Pittsburgh, so we will come back another time and stay longer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed for two nights while visiting my son at CMU. This hotel lives up to all of the poistive reviews being posted to this site. It's clean, the rooms are spacious, the front desk staff is warm and welcoming, and complimentary breakfast buffet provided a nice choice. The pool is not large, but clean, while the exercise room provided a selection of equipment. Location sometimes is a challenge is Pittsburgh, and getting around to parts of town can be challenging, but that will be the same for any hotel in Pittsburgh (if you're heading to a Steelers or Pirates game, the location can't be beat - it's directly across the street from PNC PArk so don't expect quiet when there isa ballgame).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Allentown, PA
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I'll touch on some things not covered in the other reviews. Dog friendly (at a price, but I'm not complaining) though you only have about ten square yards of grass on the property. Everything surrounding is concrete BUT an eighth or a quarter mile or so to the Riverfront and you've found a pet walking mecca. Other than dealing with the geese infestation (they don't pick up after themselves) but that has nothing to do with the hotel. No ground floor rooms so your dog is going to have to deal with an elevator. The surrounding bars and restaurants have outside seating areas and each one we went to welcomed my dog. In short, this hotel's location is incredible so it gets five stars just for that alone. The kids I saw seemed to love the place. I loved walking thirty yards to see a Pirates-Mets game.

If it is your first time you can easily miss the entrance to the lobby and parking area. I only picked up "exit" the first time but the same drive is entrance and exit. Just go slow down General Robinson to see where you need to turn in.

I wasn't overly impressed with breakfast but my tip is don't wait until the last half hour. You probably are looking at a fifty percent selection and no coffee. Since that happened two days in a row, a Friday and a Saturday, I think there may be a trend there. And since they don't check who is eating who knows if people are coming off the street to scarf down. When it's buffet and the guy if front of you takes the last eight sausages there's not much you can do.

My room faced home plate at PNC and the busy roadway but was still quiet. It had some carpet damage and missing utensils but I only cared because I didn't want to be held responsible. Otherwise, my room was spotless and perfect.

Everyone working there that we met had a smile and was friendly. There are no bell persons but tons of luggage carts if you need them. Room service through local restaurants; I ate at five of them and all were great.

If I lived closer I would probably go every month or so for a few days. It is that much fun. But then again I'm a sports fan and a bar and restaurant hopper.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
san francisco
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stayed here a couple of nights ago and was sooo glad it was here instead of downtown.
Residence Inn northshore is just what the other reviewers described it as.. excellent, new, and hip... The shuttle service the hotel provides around town is convenient. I thought it was inconvenient to not be in downtown but the location is nicer, across from the PNC park , which means restaurants nearby and people there for a reason, not just hanging around. i had a great dinner at the Rivers Casino and even if one does not gamble, the view and promenade along the Ohio river is worth it. Its a 3 minute shuttle ride from the hotel.
I missed breakfast because of an early flight and Norissa at the front desk arranged a breakfast -to-go for me. Is that good service or what?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business