“Great Residence Inn with excellent complimentary food and convenient shuttle to downtown!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore

Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #27 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Typical Residence Inn. Convenient parking right outside. Very nice lobby area. Excellent breakfast -- in winter I enjoyed strawberries, raspberries and blueberries among other things. Hotel also had a nice complimentary 'happy hour' with a number of snacks in the early evening. Most appreciated was the complimentary shuttle van that took me downtown -- when I was ready to come back all I had to do was call. Very good rate also. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel had some stories so might go for one on one of the lower levels, but I'm sure all are...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mskrisanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Jamestown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have stayed here many times. Rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. Good breakfast. Very friendly staff. Business-like atmosphere. Manager receptions on some nights. Parking fee is excessive, but considering the location it has to be expected.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet. Even the rooms on the side of PNC during ball games are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for your time and feedback. We appreciate the many times you've stayed and hope to see you many more times in the future. Have a great holiday season!!
Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

The Residence Inn is very close to the baseball and football stadiums. It was a joy being there for the Dolphins-Steelers game as it was only a 10 minute walk in miserably cold, snowy weather. The service is friendly, and the breakfast buffet is extensive with good hot and cold selections. The rooms are not luxurious but are quite nice and large with a useable kitchen. The sofa bed I slept on was comfortable, and I'm very picky when it comes to beds. Jerome Bettis' sports bar and other dining options are quite close, with more available over an easily walkable bridge across the river. Unlike another nearby hotel that friends of ours were staying at, the hotel was very accommodating getting us a 4:00 AM taxi ride to the airport to catch an early flight rather than falsely claiming that you can't reliably get a taxi at that hour and be forced instead into a pricier private limo. We like and appreciate honest hotel staff! This is where we'll stay our next trip to Pittsburgh, ball game or not.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay during the Steelers-Dolphins game! I personally would have enjoyed it more if Antonio Brown could have stayed in bounds at the end! I appreciate your feedback ragarding the staff and property. I'm happy to see you intend to return so please let me help with your future reservations! ri.pitrn.fds@marriott.com or call the hotel directly and ask for me. Best wishes and happy holidays!!
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. LOCATION.LOCATION LOCATION !! For the sports fan it can't get any better,The hotel is located across the street to PNC park and less than six blocks from Heinz field. You do not have to worry about finding a place to eat,there are dozens and all within walking distance.

In addition to the ding options the hotel provides an ample breakfast as well as a managers spread served Monday thru Thursday. Also you have a full kitchen which we used during our stay. The hotel will shop for you if you do not have a car. I take advantage of the breakfast spread and take some snacks back to the room. I am planning on returning this summer for a ball game or the fall for a football game

Room Tip: There really are no bad rooms,but I would try to get rooms that do not face the main highway
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please feel free to reach out to me for help with any reservations! Have a good one!!
Hopatcong, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed 11/29/2013 for the Miami Hurricane/Pitt Panther game. The hotel is a short walk to Heinz field and 50 yards to PNC Park. The room was clean, modern, spacious and affordable. The free breakfast included hot and cold items and was well stocked. The staff was friendly and attentive and we were permitted to check in and park the morning of the game. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area as well as the Rivers Casino across from the stadium. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel if your heading to either venue!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thanks for reviewing!! Please keep us in mind whenever you visit! Enjoy your Holiday Season!!!
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful long weekend at the Residence Inn North Shore and we would recommend this location without any hesitation. The hotel was very conveniently located - and the hotel offered a superior shuttle service (both drop-off and pick-up). Our longest wait for a ride was maybe 15 minutes. This was so much easier than trying to drive, park, and walk to whatever attraction we wanted to see. And the shuttle drivers were all very helpful with suggestions for dinner as well as other attractions.

Since we weren't planning on spending much time in our room, we booked a regular studio suite and expected a somewhat small room with a few extras. This room was so well planned! We had more than enough space to stretch out on the sofa and/or the chair with ottoman while watching tv. The bed area wasn't cramped at all. And there was plenty of room for two at the bathroom sink while getting dressed in the morning. I guess we could have gone with a full suite, but I can honestly say we probably wouldn't have been any more comfortable. Oh! and the room decor was really cool for this type of a studio suite. It was not decorated in typical hotel style - prints on the wall actually added something to the room ambiance!

About the extras... As a few other reviewers mentioned, the pool is indeed very small. The fitness room, on the other hand, was very well equipped. There is a 'manager's reception' during the week, but we didn't attend any of these so I really can't comment on the quality. Breakfast in the morning was good to above average for this type of hotel. The coffee was great!

Why four out of five instead of five out of five? Most of the desk staff was very personable and none were ever rude, but there is a little work that needs to be done here. For example, we purchased a few items from the little convenience store and asked for the charge to be added to our room. The lady didn't hesitate to add the items but we stood there not realizing she was finished because she never said 'thank you.' Another desk staffer let us know that the items were added on our room charge and the transaction was complete. (But still no thank you.) PLEASE note that this is minor and in no way impacted our stay - but it does make a difference on the overall hotel rating.

All in all, a wonderful stay! We would definitely stay here again and plan on this being our 'go to' hotel for Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the stadium.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suslew
Hi there, thank you for the detailed review!! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and the feedback regarding our front desk will be brought to everyone's attention. You'll hopefully see in other reviews that we strive to be one of the best guest service teams in Pittsburgh. I sincerely apologize because I understand how something simple really can make a memorable impact on a stay and we'd rather be on the better side of that!! Please feel free to reach out and discuss anything else regarding your stay. Best wishes!!
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I loved every moment of my stay here! The property is in a great location (good proximity to the Pirates Stadium)....just steps from downtown. From the minute I walked through the automatic doors, I felt welcomed and relaxed. Everything is modern and well equipped and decorated. The room was extremely clean and spacious. Loved the décor! After a very long day, that king sized bed felt heavenly:-). The kitchen was well stocked....I felt like I was at home. The fitness center was above par and the pool was great (open until 11pm). As far as free breakfasts at hotels go, the breakfast at this hotel was GREAT!!! By far the best, I've had at a hotel. The selection was big and the food was fresh! I am ready for my next stay! I will most certainly be back the next time I'm in Pittsburgh!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I'm happy that we hit the mark in making you feel welcome! We appreciate the feedback and we hope that you'll continue to choose our hotel whenever you stay in the future!!