“Perfect for Pirates Games”

Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #31 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is the perfect hotel if you are in town for either a Pirates or a Steelers game. The hotel is literally across the street from PNC Park. You walk out the front door of the hotel, cross the intersection, and walk into the home plate entrance of the ballpark. The hotel has a key-card controlled surface parking lot ($19 a day) reserved for registered guests, which means you aren’t fighting others for game day parking. Heinz Field, the Steelers (and Pitt Panthers) football stadium, is about a block or so away. I stayed for the entire Pirates game, watched the post-game fireworks, and was back in my room before the stadium had even emptied. I could watch the traffic jam while enjoying a cold beverage from the comfort of my own room (surprisingly little street noise). And it is a great room. It seems like a relatively new Residence Inn. The public areas are fine – nothing to write home about – but the room itself was top notch. As with most Residence Inns, I had a fully functional kitchen, a dining area, separate living room area, and a sleeping area. All the comforts of home. You definitely pay a premium for the quality of the room and the location, though. I paid about $75 a night more than I would have paid for one of the really nice hotels downtown, but since I was just in town for the baseball game, it was worth it. If I were in town for business, I might think otherwise, but for ballgame weekends, it’s perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wedgewood

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were staying at the Residence Inn for a Pirates game while traveling through Pittsburgh. The rooms are updated and spacious, and the full kitchen is nice for extended stays. The pool and fitness areas are nice and clean as well. The breakfast is well stocked with eggs, sausage, and all the breads and juices at a typical hotel breakfast. The parking is in a lot behind the building, and is fairly secure. However, I would recommend bringing all your valuable belongings inside just in case.

What gave this hotel the 5/5 is the location, as it is really a 10 second walk to PNC Park. Can't get closer.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing PNC Park
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

great location across the street from PNC park, home of the overachieving bucs,, and the best ballpark in the major leagues. good morning chow, nice suite on the ninth floor, full size fridge with icemaker and enough tools to cook a full meal should you desire to do so. the hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within reason every half hour and pick you up with a phone call. all in all this hotel is a winner. the only drawback i found was it is too near the casino. (the casino is nice too )
nothing not to like. it would have been better if the cardinals could have gotten somebody out but
thats baseball. you cannot go wrong with a stay here.

Room Tip: high floors have a little less highway noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here many times and have always been satisfied. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Hotel is convenient to all things downtown. Most attractions are within walking distance and for those that are not, the hotel provides a shuttle to just about anywhere you would want to go downtown. We have always been impressed with the staff and their willingness to accommodate our requests. We will be staying here every time we visit the Burgh and will highly recommend it to anyone who asks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Craig T
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for the kind review!! I'm glad that our staff left a nice impression and that our hotel is your choice every time you visit. We hope to keep it that way!! Best wishes, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stay at this hotel every time we come to Pittsburgh! This is the first time we took the time to review them though. This is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in. My college girlfriends and I get together here and there and it's in a great central location to almost everything we like to do. The staff genuinely cares about the guests. For my birthday a stay or two ago, the front desk got me a bottle of wine after one of my friends mentioned it was my birthday. We've all developed our crush on one of the managers James and we love chatting with Sidnei. Thomas is also great and always has a huge smile!! The rooms are big and well maintained. So is the rest of the building. The breakfast is a full buffet. They have a shuttle that we usually take advantage of and the drivers are awesome! I just don't remember their names. My one and only complaint with the entire hotel is the design of the registration area. The driveway outside gets jammed up quickly and you're forced to rush through unloading if more than one person is checking in behind you. But who needs to spend time in the driveway?? We love this hotel and will always stay here when we have our ladies weekends!! :)

Room Tip: Book a two bedroom if you have more than 3 people. The other rooms only have a king bed and sofa be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jess F
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our stay. The staff was very friendly and made you feel right at home anytime they saw you in the hotel. My husband is disabled so when I was looking for a place for dinner that was relatively close, they offered to drive us in the shuttle so we could go a little further out. Bill, our shuttle driver, suggested an excellent family owned restaurant (Legends). He took my husband and I in-between his normal run schedule so my husband had more time to get in and out of the van. He dropped us off at the door went in ahead of us at the restaurant to let them know of our situation so we could get a close table and then picked us up right at the door when we were ready to return. On our next trip to Pittsburgh we will be sure to stay here again. It is the little things that make going to dinner so much more less stressful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle C
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Hi there! Thank you for reviewing us. The driver you mentioned sounds like it may have been Brian and he is definitely one of the team's best assets. I'm glad his service helped make your stay more convenient and that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm happy to hear you'll return again also! Best wishes!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Was here for a weekend while visiting family. Great staff, courteous and most helpful. Tracy at check-in was most professional! Room very clean & lovely; comfortable bed. Great location as we have family to the north, south & east of the city. Was not a weekend of ball games in town, so was quiet and didn't have to fight the crowds getting to restaurants within walking distance. My husband joined me and needed to wash a few things as he was coming from one business trip and leaving to another. Hotel provides complimentary detergent and softener! Definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple