“Great Place To Stay In Pittsburgh”

Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #31 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just drove in for a quick business trip to Pittsburgh. Check in and parking easy. Very nice room and great location especially if you want to see a ball game. Quite clean, comfortable and spacious room. Very good breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank drj17011

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Staying at this hotel for a recent college football game at Heinz Field was a great experience. The front desk staff was as accommodating as any 5 star hotel in a big city, including obtaining last minute reservations for us at a very popular restaurant. The free shuttle service can't be beat. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes after calling for a pickup at the hotel or for a return ride back. We had a large, comfortable room in what turned out to be a quiet location on the 9th floor with a fabulous view up the hill to Station Square. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else if we vist Pittsburgh again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patty1229
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Going off of your profile city, I want to assume you stayed for the Rutgers weekend? Thank you for the great review! We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be sure to pass the praise on to our staff. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of some amenities such as our shuttle service and it's nice to hear you enjoyed the local restaurant you visited for dinner. We'd be happy to see you again!! Have a nice holiday season!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have stayed in both the studio and one bedroom suite and both were extremely clean and modern. Paper towels, sponge, dish soap, microwave popcorn and more were all at our dispense. Even the sheets smelled very fresh. The staff was friendly and the location was great. We had great views of PNC park. The breakfast buffet offered a wide variety of hot and cold foods and plenty of food was available when we arrived at 9:20, for breakfast. If you are looking for good take out food try SOHO. They offer delivery to the hotel but you can also just walk across the parking lot to pick up your order or eat there. We will definitely come back and refer friends to this hotel.

1  Thank 22vacation22
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for the uplifting review!!! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are glad to hear that you'll return and refer the property to friends! Have a happy holiday season!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for three nights over thanksgiving. Overall the experience was very underwhelming. Unlike a previous reviewer I thought that housekeeping was one of the only good things about the hotel. It is located conveniently to Heinz field, PNC park, Carnegie Science Museum, and the Casino. There is also a shuttle service, grocery service, and breakfast buffet. The rooms have pullouts and full kitchens. As you see it has a lot going for it. However, the service is awful. Here are specific examples:

1) When we checked in, I asked for assistance with our luggage. I was told that there is a luggage cart down the hall (assumed to get it myself).

2) My wife asked for the pullout sofa to be turned down. She was told "everything that you need is in the closet".

3) The breakfast buffet stopped at 930am thru the week but runs out of food about 30 mins prior. I observed staff on multiple days clear out the buffet even with hungry guests in line with their plates. This is just distasteful. One guest was an 80 year old lady who looked like she was about to cry. Just awful.

4) The front desk area seems to be the social hour. All employees gather and have casual conversations amongst themselves even with guests standing there. This happened every time that I was there except for once (when there was only one person there).

If you want to be close to the ballparks or casino or you dont care about the service issues that I have mentioned, then by all means consider this hotel. However, my family and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I would like to sincerely apologize for the negative experiences you had here at our property. I assure you that our staff takes great strides towards making sure that every guest's stay is as accomodating and memorable as possible. I'm sorry that we did not meet the level of expectation that you expected from us, and that we expect of ourselves.

I assure you again that the low points of your stay are NOT a regularity for our staff. We pride ourselves on being one of the best in the city of Pittsburgh. If you find yourself traveling to our city in the future, I ask that you make your hotel reservations with me personally, and I will be sure that your next stay is a great one.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel whether or not you are returning if you would like to discuss your last stay.

Thank you for your review. Both positive and negative feedback help us adjust and become a better hotel! Have a nice day!

-James Perry

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Pittsburgh has become a favorite destination now we have a favorite hotel. Went to attend football
Game at Heinz field which is three blocks away (PNC park across the street for baseball fans)
Hotel shuttle was wonderful took us where we wanted to go on town and two GREAT drivers. Met another couple with chidren and we had a wonderful time without even leaving hotel. Pool ,biilards room and theatre room a great place to have fun. Morning breakfast excellent. Parking $19 a day

1  Thank paddyspeed
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located right across from PNC Park, close to Heinz Field, Stage AE, and The Rivers Casino. As a Residence Inn, it caters to longer stays, but for our one night, the King Suite was outstanding. The room was quiet and well appointed. A nearby restaurant delivers full menu to the hotel. A short drive to "downtown", this hotel is in an area of newer, trendy, clean properties (hotels, restaurants, museums, and more). $19 parking seemed steep as huge surface lots are nearby but not unexpected in a city setting. Free breakfast was fine. Ambiance was excellent. There is so much to do in this city! We were impressed with Pittsburgh...has an impressive big city feel! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night and I was pleasantly surprised with the rooms. Modern decor, comfortable rooms in a new facility. Great location, as we were able to walk across the bridge for dinner.

They allowed us to have our dogs stay with us, however there was a fairly steep, $100 pet fee.