“Wonderful Hotel!”

Ranked #28 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Mars, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Hotel!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Clean, spacious, comfortable bedding, friendly staff, delicious breakfast! We utilized the two-bedroom suite for our family of 5 for a Pirates night baseball game and had a blast! There were restaurants very near for a decent selection. The price was right too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Tempe, AZ
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Pittsburgh is a city of friendly, polite people & a great destination for baseball, football, cultural enlightenment & bird watching. We stayed at the Residence Inn North Shore, literally across the street from PNC Park. On the 8th floor, facing South, we had views of the stadium, and hillside across the Alleghany, the Monongahela & Ohio Rivers all the way to the Duquesne Incline on Mount Washington. The Residence Inn has a free shuttle to anywhere in a 2 mile radius, making travel less expensive. The shuttle drivers were a wealth of knowledge both of the area, its attractions & great places to eat. We never went wrong following their advice. One driver was telling us about the park around the National Aviary (we had just visited) & mentioned a vendor whose been selling Italian Ices there since 1934. I said I hadn’t had one since I was 12yrs old, he asked if I wanted one & then took us to the vendor. He had another run to do so he dropped us off & returned just as he promised 15 minutes later. He also gave us advice on where not to go on foot at night. Add in the free hot breakfast, the indoor pool, cardio/weight room, the efficiency kitchen in the room, the very reasonably priced mini-market in the lobby for snacks, drinks, cold remedies, etc. , an ATM, the pool room, the outdoor fire pit, the beautiful furniture, & the fantastic staff (especially Dylan at the front desk) & you’ve got a hotel that suits your every need. The room was beautifully appointed & comfortable. The housekeeping staff was friendly, & diligent, and always followed by a supervisor asking if there was anything else they could do to make the stay better. A computer & printer area, off the lobby, made it easy to check-in with our airline & print our boarding passes for our trip back home. I do spend a lot of time in the room & the Residence Inn was quiet, clean, comfortable & reasonably priced with all that it delivers. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: For great views ask for a room on the 8th floor or higher; want a view of the stadium ask for the So...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Waterdown, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed with friends for a weekend, and was pleasantly surprised! Was just expecting a 'run of the mill' hotel room, but the suites are far from that.

We originally booked a pair of 2 bedroom suites, but, they were overbooked and we only got one. They were extremely accommodating, and gave us 2 additional suites (both with king bed and pull-out), which we were fine with. Why complain when you’re getting more for less?

Cyndi at the Front Desk was very helpful. Cheery as all go out, and laughed at our groups antics the entire weekend. Overall, people in Pittsburgh are quite friendly.

Housekeeping was great. We never saw them, but they swooped in and did a great job straightening our room.

The only drawback was we booked the hotel shuttle for the Saturday pm for 5:50pm (called in the am to reserve), to take us to dinner where we had reservations at 6:15pm. Not their fault, but traffic was awful, and the shuttle couldn’t make it back. Kept saying ‘another 10 minutes’. At 6:30pm, we took it upon ourselves, and walked the mile to the restaurant. **See my other review on Meat and Potatoes. Great place to eat!** On the driving around front, the shuttle seemed convenient, we just picked a bad night. FYI: cabs are brutal to try to get in Pittsburgh.

Overall – I would recommend this hotel for a group, business, and I would also be happy staying there with my family. Their facilities are clean, and location is very convenient.

If I am passing through Pittsburgh, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: get a room facing PNC. you can see all the 'buzz' from your room while you're having a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Great location. Very clean. Decent gym. Good sized rooms. If you wanted to, you wouldn't have to buy a meal or a cab while you were staying here, between the substantial breakfast and the manager's reception and the shuttle. I suppose it's a little pricey, but most Pittsburgh hotels seem to be, and this is an excellent location for many purposes. The shuttle is a real gem - they'll take you anywhere within 3 miles, but not an inch more! Kudos to Tim the shuttle driver, bro!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing PNC park, they won't automatically give it to you unless you ask.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Scruff2727
Sea Isle City, New Jersey
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with a group of girlfriends for a bachelorette party this past weekend. it was a great weekend, the hotel is perfect. the rooms are huge and very clean. we had a two bedroom apartment rented for the weekend and comfortably slept six of us. the pirates had games all weekend and even though we didnt go to the games, the hotel is right in the middle of all the action. the arena is literally right across the street. the staff is great! james checked us in saturday night and was there again sunday morning when we checked out. quite a charmer i might add. he had answers for everything we threw at him from dinner reccommendations to places to take pictures and what bars to go to and celebrate my friend's bachelorette party. the other employee on saturday night (david?) was also very nice to our group. the hot breakfast was a surprise and it was free. better than what you'd imagine for a hotel breakfast. we'll definitely stay here again, especially when we all get together for football season. hines field is right down the street!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Residence Inn is the best extended stay hotel in Pittsburgh downtown. I stayed there for a couple of months when I was in Pittsburgh for work. The hotel is hardly any distance from downtown and located right opposite to PNC park. Rooms are comfortable and large. Loved the rotating TV, I turned it to Bed or sofa or kitchen. Kitchen is sufficiently big and has all necessary cookwares. Staff is helpful and sweet. The hotel does not have a restaurant within its premises, but social hour in evenings offers food options. Breakfast selection is also good.
I had not a single concern during my stay. Would recommend it to people looking for extended stay in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here with my dog while on a business trip. The staff was extremely accomodating and the food that was provided at breakfast and in the evening was excellent. There is not much grass right around the hotel for the dog, but I was able to walk about a block down to the riverwalk and that was perfect for the dog. Also, the hotel provides a shuttle within a 3 mile radius of the hotel so I was able to save on parkting at the downtown office I was working at. Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel and would recommend it

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business