“Food in da Burgh”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Food in da Burgh”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We took two of this companies tours, the Brookline and Strip District and both were excellent. Sylvia and Richard were well informed and gave historical insights as well as a very delicious sampling of local cuisines. These are fun and interesting ways of experiencing snapshots of history and culture as well as the culinary aspects and we would recommend them wholeheartedly to visitors and local people also.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ruth W

Seattle, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bits and Bites tour of Bloomfield neighborhood in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great way to get a personal feel for the city and it's people. This old neighborhood is a gem and the food was prepared with such pride, delicious. I would definately plan another neighborhood tour on my next visit!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I took out of town guests on the Lawrenceville Food Tour lead by Melissa. There were 2 adults and 4 kids, ages 10 through 16. Melissa did a great job of making the Lawrenceville history part of the tour interesting. The venues they picked for the food tastings were perfect...at most of the stops the owners spoke to our group while we were sampling. I would recommend coming to the tour very hungry....the tastings are generous at some of the stops and we left really full. Also, there is a 15% discount for groups. I did have difficulty booking the tour on-line but when I called the main number for Burgh Bits & Bites, Sylvia was able to help with our reservation and apply the discount. Overall a great experience that was enjoyed by my entire group. I highly recommend this tour!!

Indiana, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Informative and fun!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I purchased the Brookline tour as a gift for my husband's birthday. Sylvia, our guide, was knowledgable and down to earth. The tour was an excellent way to spend a Saturday afternoon. The shops were interesting, the food was delicious, and the stories were entertaining. This is perfect for both locals and out of town visitors.

1 Thank snbrg
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“New to the 'Burgh!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

New to Pittsburgh and went on tour with some other transplants. Sylvia gave history of each stop as well as the Strip! We have told our friends and relatives that we will do this tour when they visit!

Visited April 2013