“A must do - even if you are a local”

Burgh Bits and Bites Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Food & Drink in Pittsburgh
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
pennsylvania
“A must do - even if you are a local”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I brought my mom on the strip food tour for mothers days gift. Gabe theguide is wonderful and very knowledgeable. We will certainly being signing up for more of these tours :)

Visited July 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Brookline Tour”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our group of 4 did the Brookline tour this past Saturday and we loved it! Our tour guide was AWESOME (I feel bad I forgot her name though!) She seemed passionate about what she was doing and the places we were going. We got PLENTY of food, too! We all assumed we would go back to one of the stops after the tour but couldn't eat one bit more! Each stop was pretty much along the same strip too so if you want to go back and go shopping after that is very do-able.

Visited June 2013
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Strip District Tour was Wonderful; a must for Foodies”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We did the Strip District tour; the tour itself was about two hours long. Our guide Liz did a great job telling us about the area, the food, the various shops we visited, and the history of the district. We left the tour full and compared to food tours we have done in other cities, the sample sizes were large. Liz, and I assume the tour owners, have developed an excellent rapport with the shop owners. The owners/managers took the time to speak with us during our visits; this added a lot to the tour. We not only got to sample the food, but got to meet the proud people responsible for making it. Expect to walk, dress casually, don't eat much before the tour begins. Plan to spend time shopping afterward as you will want to re-visit the shops and other stores not on the tour. Parking is tight; on-street is available, but there is a pay lot you can park at for $10 for the day.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Andy5573
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“'Burgh Bits and Bites Food Tour”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great afternoon outdoors enjoying the sights, sounds and bustle of the strip. Richard was very informative and fun to spend a few hours with. Would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who wants to learn more about the city! Lots of great food and interesting history tidbits!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Steph_AH57
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Who cares if it's cold outside, we get fooood!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a wonderful experience exploring my hometown of Pittsburgh during the Burgh Bits and Bites Strip District Food Tour. My guide Richard, was awesome! Informative, enthusiastic and a natural, he kept us engaged and wanting more. We made some great stops along the way and I really enjoyed myself! Each restaurant/store has it's own uniqueness about it. I would highly suggest the Strip District tour and I can't wait to do the other neighborhoods!

Visited March 2013