“Exciting”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exciting”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I haven't been there in awhile but it's so much fun! I love being scared and they deffinetly scared me the night I went! :D

2 Thank Brittney C

Erie, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This place Sucks!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I drove from Erie, Pa figured wow this is really ranked up there it should be worth the money and the drive. We get up there lines were huge, so im like okay this has to be an awesome attraction right. WOW WAS I WRONG! It only took us an hour in line no biggie - but i walked through and i think i shook once out of all of it. The girls that were with me are normally big scaredy cats and they barely screamed at all. This was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. I will not go again and i definitely was upset i wasted almost 80 dollars. Last year i took my girls too conneaut for a haunted house and it was 10 times better than that. I heard there is a haunted house where there is 13 levels and you get a dollar back for every floor you achieve but have no clue if this is true. So far out of all the haunted houses i been too which is like 6 - conneaut had the best so far and pittsburgh was a major failure.

Visited October 2011
5 Thank Jerad W
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lots of fun, go early on a Thursday (or Steeler game day) to avoid line”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I love Halloween and haunted houses, and had been wanting to go to this house for years. Had a good time. Three separate themes in one walk through gave you a variety. The first was more of a standard haunted house theme, the middle you got a glow-in-the-dark rave, and the end was a loud armageddon type steam punk theme. It was more clever than super scary at any point. I would not have wanted to wait for a long time to go through, so pick your night carefully. We had a groupon, too, so you can probably find some deals on admission.

There were a few really good "gotcha" moments, don't want to reveal here in case they repeat it. Very elaborate sets, tons of detail. I would recommend this haunt.

Visited October 2010
3 Thank ScullyPA
Baltimore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Big Scares, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

The level of detail they put into this place is amazing. Yes, there are many big scares, but they do more than that. It's the whole atmosphere, the sets, the makeup, costumes, sound, actor performances, etc. -- it all comes together in a creepy, fun and unique way. Loved the 3-D rave-like section!! The first section was very creepy, and the final steampunk-themed part really pushed the boundaries of what you'd expect to see in a haunted house.

We ended up going through twice. On Thursday nights, the line is not so long so we did not wait long at all. It took us about 25 minutes to go through.

Visited October 2010
9 Thank walkinganywhere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Scarehouse is nationally recognized for a reason”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This is my second year attending the Scarehouse. Last year was fantastic, and my whole family loved the last steampunk themed haunt. It was brilliantly original, but admittedly confusing. This year the Scarehouse not only took Rampage and ran with it more, making it a lot more clear on what was going on, but took the 3D haunt Delirium up 5 more steps in improvement adding a night club theme. On top of overall improvement from before, they added an entire new haunt that took traditional haunted house themes to a new level. I couldn't be more impressed with their artistry and attention to detail. 5 stars, all the way. Yet they still manage to keep their price pretty low for what they are producing. RENT IS TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE. I appreciate their cost friendly ticket price.

8 Thank metaldad83