“What a hoot!”
Review of Segway Pittsburgh

Segway Pittsburgh
Ranked #2 of 31 Tours in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Here is your chance to experience the amazing technology of the Segway Personal Transporter. The Segway PT requires no balancing or exceptional skill to operate. Five gyroscopes, two tilt sensors and state of the art software, checks and responds to your center of mass one hundred times per second. Simply put, If you can stand, you can glide in as little as 5 minutes.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I joined 6 others and a knowledgeable tour guide on this 1 1/2 hour segway tour of Pittsburgh. To be truthful, my goal was to ride a segway. The introduction was easy. Not too much information but lots of practice indoors maneuvering through cones. In 15 minutes we were all handling the device well. What I didn't expect was how much fun I had on the tour. Pittsburgh is an interesting city with old and new building and stunning architecture. Sara, our guide, provided information and funny stories via transmitters that we all wore. Although the price is a little steep at about $60 (I did use an online coupon) it is a must do. I will now feel confidence to take tours in other cities using a segway. I was sorry to have missed their late season eating tour.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

After several fun experiences on Segways, we were anxious to take this tour that is closer to home for us. A discount coupon on Living Social made this a bargain, so we booked a day during the week. We had no difficulty finding Station Square, and then the Freight House building that houses the tours. Parking was readily available in the garage nearby. We were advised to arrive 30 minutes before the 1 p.m. tour, so we did. Three others were already there, so we filled out the usual liability waivers, and got helmets and headphones on. Then we waited ...and waited.... and waited for 3 more people who arrived at 5 minutes to 1. By the time they filled out the papers, used the restroom, giggled over the helmet colors and fussed about how nervous they were, my husband and I were pretty annoyed. We (finally) received instructions on mounting, riding, dismounting and had plenty of time to practice inside. It was 1:45 before we exited the building to start the tour. With the headphones, we heard every work from our guide and she was able to caution us about bumps or breaks in the pavement. Pittsburgh has many distinctive features and we learned about them and the history of the area. Crossing the first bridge was thrilling and before we knew it we were downtown. There was plenty of room on the sidewalks for us to travel and there were ramps at every intersection that made crossing the streets a breeze. More history and interesting trivia about the various sights and buildings. We crossed a total of 4 bridges and saw many of Pittsburgh's landmarks. The two hours included the practicing time, but we covered all the expected route and were tired by the time we finished. We stopped a number of times but only dismounted once to have a break. We could have requested more breaks, but managed to take enough photos while stopped but still mounted. It is such fun to ride Segways, easy to learn and gives a unique perspective while moving.

1  Thank djmarkiw
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I booked 2 segway tours for a Sunday evening at 6pm for myself and my husband. We had a total of 6 in our group along with 2 guides. After we practiced inside station square the group headed out to cross the first of 3 bridges. It was a great tour and halfway through the guides remotely programmed our segways to go faster if we wanted.( everyone in our group was more than ready!!!). We even were able to stop for ice cream at a small ice cream shop on Liberty Avenue before we headed back to station square. We highly recommend this tour!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Our tour guide, Sara, was exceptionally well prepared. Her knowledge of the Segway's mechanics, and of all of the safety issues made us all feel that we could do this trip. I was concerned that I would not be able to do this (especially after watching the 9 minute video) but after the practice session I thought "I can do this", and I did. Her expertise on the history of Pittsburgh and the ease of getting us through the crowds of people, and going through the intersections was amazing. I definitely recommend this tour and intend to go again.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Was here for a Pirates game. I saw this on Trip Advisor and thought it would be an awesome way to see the city. My wife was alittle scared to go on a segway. We went down to the store. We filled out the paper work. My wife got on and was shaking and scared to death. Now my wife has issue with her right hand, she has lost the use of it. Now she got on and was going around the little practice area. Doing so so. She was just nervous and her left hand kept cramping. I got on and was ready to roll. Please do not take this review as a bad review. The staff at Paradise where very friendly, very helpfull, and very very supportive. I think this would be an awesome way to see the city. You should go.