“If you like cheesecake, this is your place”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #8 of 51 Dessert in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“If you like cheesecake, this is your place”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were here with two families. We were unable to get a table on Sunday evening as we did not make reservation, but came back on Tuesday for lunch. the portion was quite generous even for the kids meal. They have many varieties of cheescakes so there should be a flavour for you. They are quite rich and filling so if you are not a big eater, consider the appetizers instead of the entree and go straight to the dessert.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
McMurray
“Uncomfortable Seating, No Reservations Accepted”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ask for a booth if you don't wish to be squeezed at a tiny table sitting practically in other diners laps! It is almost impossible to have a private conversation with strangers seated on either side of you. If one of them has a little louder than average conversational tone, you are privy to all of their news. The table is so small, your silverware is in danger of hitting the floor if you move too quickly. Both of our knives were dirty and had to be handed to our server to provide a clean replacement.

That being said, the food was very good. My husband was very happy with his Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken, and our appetizer of Crispy Crab Bites was delicious. I ordered Steak Diane, which was very good, but not really Steak Diane, which is made with cognac and Dijon mustard. Theirs was made with a red wine sauce and peppercorns and served well done instead of medium as I ordered. The steak was tender and the sauce was good, but no way could it be called Steak Diane. The portion was ample and I had to take half of it home. However for the price, I was surprised that neither entree was accompanied by a salad. I did have mashed potatoes and sauteeed mushrooms and onions with my steak, but nothing came with my husband's pasta.

The noise level was high and overall it was a good meal, but not comfortable or relaxing.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank aza572
““for inventory purposes””
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Cheesecake Factory at Ross Park mall on a Sunday evening. They were busy and had a wait for parties with 3 or more guests. We were seated immediately. The décor is nice and the restaurant clean. It was hot outside and dining room was air conditioned well, maybe it was a bit too cold. The food choices are overwhelming, we ordered the combination dish of shrimps + steak Diane (steak tips) and the luau salad. The luau salad was large and tasty and I can definitely recommend it. My wife was served the wrong dish, she got salmon instead of steak Diane. Without realizing the error at first she started to eat one of the three shrimps. One or two minutes later, another server or food runner (?) appeared with the correct order in hand. He apologized for the error and exchanged the plates. When he saw that my wife had already eaten one shrimp, he grabbed her fork and took one shrimp off her plate. I asked why he was doing this and he replied that it was “for inventory purposes”. Her food was tasty and nothing to complain about with the exception that the steak was well done and not medium as ordered. We did not complain as we were afraid about what the server/runner would do when he had to exchange the steak tips...
Getting the wrong dish served happened to us a couple of times before in other restaurants, especially when they were busy. Typically, other restaurants either take away the plate and replace the incorrect food item or they serve the missing item later on a small plate and ask if they can take away the incorrect one. I have never had a server bring an all new dish and then take off some of the food.
Well, I don’t expect to get anything for free and did not complain, but I find this behavior and the statement "for inventory purposes" to be rather interesting.

Visited June 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The early bird catches the worm”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This restaurant is one of two Cheesecake factories in Pittsburgh. Both are identical so I'll be reviewing this one. It is located just outside Ross Park Mall. I normally go for lunch because you can save money on the luncheon menu and there is enough to eat on that alone. Moreover if you get there within the first half hour you don't have to wait long to be seated.

Staff is very friendly, courteous, and helpful. This restaurant does offer outdoor seating when the weather is nice. They now have a menu if you are counting calories. I took advantage of that menu and had a salad with all types of vegetables. You can get add ons such as chicken or salmon for an up charge but there is plenty there to eat.

My daughter had the orange chicken with rice and was not able to finish her meal. Usually we are satisfied with our meals that we normally don't order dessert but there have been times I have ordered their cheesecake. They have many different varieties to choose from and I usually find that splitting a slice is enough for me. Keep in mind this is NY style cheesecake. I have eaten actual cheesecake in NYC and there is a world of difference.

One of the nice things they add is their baked brown seeded bread which is absolutely delicious along with regular bread-both of which can be broken off of a small loaf.

Take out is available for both whole or cheesecake slices. They have a display near the entry for you to view the various kinds.

The restaurant does not offer WiFi but the premises are clean and well organized. Mall parking is free and if you decide to go to the other one in the city then they will validate your parking pass.

Keep in mind that it is a chain restaurant. That being said, when I travel I normally avoid places I have in my own city unless there is something unique about them.

If you go for dinner be prepared for a lengthy wait and of course a pricier meal. Lunchtime is still your better bet.

• Visited June 2014
“Excellent everything. ”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Had the Chicken tortilla soup. Delicious. Then a burger with Mac and cheese as a topping. Absolutely fantastic. This had a potential to become really messy, but held together remarkably well. Wife had the luau salad, deliciously prepared with striking flavors. Service was fast and courteous.

1 Thank greg s