“HORRIBLE!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
washington
“HORRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Arrived at 6:30, waitress finally took order at 7:00. Had to ask 3x for our children's apple juice. Everyone one at the table had there drinks and waters besides our kids. At 8:00 started asking when we could get food. We had our 2 small children there sitting at the hibachi table with us as we watched table after table come in and cook before us. Finally after trying to find a manager another gentlemen from our table had already talked with the manager they got someone to cook for us and the 2 other families at our table around 8:15. We didn't even get full plates of food. We got NO vegetable's and neither did our 2 and 4 year old because there wasn't enough. We got about 2 spoonful's of rice because of the portions given out. Children's meals were suppose to come with ice cream and they weren't even given that. Then at the end of all this we were charged full price. Ridiculous!!! Save your money go to another hibachi!

• Visited November 2013

Pittsburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a ZERO”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Customer satisfaction? Ichiban Hibachi Steakhouse Robinson gets a 1 because there ain't no zero's. I wanted to celebrate a milestone birthday for my wife at Ichiban Robinson thinking the table side chef would be fun. We are a small family so I stopped a week in advance to ask about their birthday package and to make sure 6-8 adults would be acceptable for a private table. No problem! Cake, photo, candle and music included in package! Told me reservations every half hour and if early would seat in advance as long as we understood chef is on schedule. Perfect!

Here's what we got: Large room with many Hibachi's mostly empty, except our table which already was occupied. I said to hostess, "this is a reserved birthday party, for a private table, what's going on?" She looked at me as if I'm nuts and says "You don't have enough people for party, you only have 6" I said, "but, but...." to her back as she turned and just walked off. I didn't want a scene, but our group is scattered to the four winds, just together for this occasion. I didn't really want "party crashers" especially this party, ergo my reservation and package purchase.

Not wanting to start my wife's birthday with a scene, I followed our hostess back to the lobby and found I was talking to a stone wall. This lady could care less. No management solution here in the inn regardless of what they promised a week ago.

Normally we love meeting strangers and dining with them, and dealing with their kids, but this was a special occasion planned for in advance. We had gifts and wanted to talk old times and wanted to honor my wife getting, eh, really old!

Back at the table, as I looked around the otherwise empty room, the hostess now sat a party of 6 who remained a party of 6 all evening. That started my blood boiling and provided motivation for this review.

The "birthday cake" package I purchased turned out to be two scoops of ice cream with a tilted candle in a small cup given to our "honored guest" after first giving complimentary ice cream to the "strangers" children. No cake.

The chef was entertaining with the spatulas and did his job, but all he said was, "We have a birthday here?" Nothing else and certainly made no attempt at acknowledgment, or serving her first or anything to prioritize. I don't think he got the memo on party etiquette!

Trust me, we are easy people to please. Too easy. Do not book and pay for a private party package at Ichiban Robinson. That will not get you deference or consideration of any kind. BTW, the gratuity was built into the bill, but I doubled it not wanting to punish the chef and wait staff for management misrepresentations. DO NOT GO HERE FOR ANY PRIVATE PARTY OF ANY KIND.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank fastboomer
“Lots of food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We took preteens for their first ever experience. Although they were amazed, I have seen better. Our cook was very hard to understand. The noodles and rice were good. Seafood and meat was overcooked. No help in ordering decisions, even when we explained we wanted to order as a group. Drinks went empty. Not much time for soup and salad eating, before plates were removed for main entree. You get lots of food- noodles and rice at least. Not worth the everything over $22 price tag. And no "group share" pricing. The $22 and up pricing goes for each person, regardless of age or sharing choice. Have $$$ in your pocket and hearing amplifiers or translator to enjoy the experience.

• Visited July 2013
New York
“No Soul! No Hospitality! Not Ichiban!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a group if 18 people reserved for Hibachi as pre-wedding get-together on April 19. They wouldn't let us settle in till the whole group arrived despite repeated request. Japanese restaurants are usu famous for their hospitality. Again, the performing chefs are both young and green...cannot even perform simple hat trick/egg twist. The best they did was a lot of spatula crashing sounds. Not their fault completely but they tried. The host was gracious enough to tipped them 20% anyway- only found out later the bill included 18% already. May be customary for Pittsburgers!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AnswerDoc
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS PLACE.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and daughter were severly burned by hot butter splashed on thier faces by chef.
I left message on MONDAY for the Manager JOHN to call me.
HE DID NOT and advised me on the THURSDAY that he was NOT even advised.
He had a terrible attitude about my problem with a I DON'T CARE I GOT YOUR MONEY
attitude. WE will NEVER go back.
We also hear all the cooks are driven in daily from out of state and are ILLEGALLY in USA.
Nuff Said.!