“PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS PLACE.”

Ichiban Hibachi & Sushi Bar
Ranked #626 of 2,205 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and daughter were severly burned by hot butter splashed on thier faces by chef.
I left message on MONDAY for the Manager JOHN to call me.
HE DID NOT and advised me on the THURSDAY that he was NOT even advised.
He had a terrible attitude about my problem with a I DON'T CARE I GOT YOUR MONEY
attitude. WE will NEVER go back.
We also hear all the cooks are driven in daily from out of state and are ILLEGALLY in USA.
Nuff Said.!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We ate here for lunch last week and were very impressed with the service, the food and the overall value. It is standard hibachi-fare - soup, salad and entree. The soup was much better than other hibachi restaurants, but the ginger salad dressing was lacking in ginger flavor. The entrees come with fried rice, lo-mein noodles and vegetables. Everything looked and tasted very fresh. Our waiter was super-efficient without rushing us. The hibachi chef was fairly skilled but dropped a sharp fork during his performance, which caused most of us to back away during the knife show. I had the shrimp and chicken combo and my son had the chicken. With two sodas, our bill came to $28. We spent $21 on Panera the day before. This is very good value for the amount of food you get. I would definitely return on my next visit.

1  Thank 2DogsatHome
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is my families favorite place to go and be together. The food is excellent and the atmosphere just adds to it. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had an overnight in Pittsburgh waiting for a morning flight, so I tried Ichiban based on TripAdvisor reviews. Joe's service was excellent and the food (Shogayaki) was tasty. It was a bit pricey, however -- $18.95 plus tax and tip.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a lovely evening at this restaurant, the food was outstanding and the service was excellent.
Thank you!