“Tasty, But a Bit Pricey”

Ichiban Hibachi & Sushi Bar
Ranked #589 of 2,195 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had an overnight in Pittsburgh waiting for a morning flight, so I tried Ichiban based on TripAdvisor reviews. Joe's service was excellent and the food (Shogayaki) was tasty. It was a bit pricey, however -- $18.95 plus tax and tip.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a lovely evening at this restaurant, the food was outstanding and the service was excellent.
Thank you!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have regularly dined at various hibachi style grills, and I have never a chef use this much oil and butter when cooking. "Charlie", as he called himself, was friendly and somewhat entertaining. The food was good, and everyone in my business party had a good time. The service was quick as far as refills and attentiveness to customer needs. I had a steak/chicken combo and both the steak and chicken were great. I would have rated it higher had the use of oil been more conservative. Several people in my group were hesitant to eat everything because it was rather disgusting to see the oil and butter being doused on everything.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

When staying in the Pittsburgh airport area, I make it a priority to have either dinner or lunch at Ichiban. With all of the travelling that I do, I find Ichiban to have some of the best sushi I have ever encountered. In Pittsburgh? Yes, in Pittsburgh!! During my recent visit, the sushi chefs made me to rolls that were not on the menu. If you visit with a non-sushi eating date, entourage etc, have no fear. Along with their excellent sushi, they have numerous hibachi grills where beef, chicken and grilled seafood can be had from the most entertaining of cooks that tell jokes, flip eggs, and entertain the guests while preparing the huge portioned meals. Personally, I prefer a couple of sushi rolls washed down with a large Sapporo. If you go on a weekend, I'd advise you to make a reservation if you have more than 2 people unless you enjoy sitting at the sushi bar.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

This place has promise but the waitstaff is horrible. Maybe is would be different if you sat on the hibachi tables but do not eat in the main restaurant. Took the server over 45 minutes to just bring our drinks, and they were wrong! I mean ordereing a Kirin in a Japanese restaurant shouls not be that difficult. When our food came out over an hour later our plates were cold. Such a waste of money, and I will never go back!

1  Thank HomeGrownOregonian