“Excellent hotel!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bridgeport, WV
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

First time staying at the Fairmont for my wife and I. It was an excellent experience. The service was great and it started as soon as the valet took my car, through the check in process, and when the bell man wrapped it up by carrying our bags to the room. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very impressive. Outside of a resort hotel, probably one of the largest and modern bathrooms I've seen for a hotel. Location was within short walking distance of some great landmarks or just a short cab ride away. Will stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am happy to learn you and your wife enjoyed your recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pittsburgh soon.

Bernd Pichler, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was my second stay at the Fairmont Pittsburgh, but my first with my family. I was a bit worried since the hotel appeared to be more business oriented. While that is generally true, I had nothing to fear at all! My kids were graciously welcomed at each turn, with each representative, on each day!
In my opinion, this is what sets Fairmont apart from other luxury brands. They truly have impeccable and welcoming service. And, it is the little things that I notice. The front desk staff encouraged me to take an extra apple or pear for the kids. The concierge called to have their dog, Edie, brought down to play with the kids. A few front desk members even played with my kids for a bit while my husband and I enjoyed a cocktail. Everyone was devoted to ensuring a pleasant stay. It was truly wonderful!
A few notes on the accommodations: I love the tub and shower in each bathroom. I also love the Le Labo products. They are outstanding. Beds were firm. Linens were wonderful. Everything you would expect from a luxury brand. Again, it is the service that sets this hotel apart. I loved it so much that I immediately signed up for their President's Club!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Mt. Washington.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am thrilled to learn that you and your family enjoyed your recent visit. I will share your comments with our colleagues and recognize them for their outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I ove Fairmont Hotels and always try and stay at these spots. The location in Pittsburgh was fantastic. Very close to everything and the staff was top notch. So friendly and ready to help you with a smile.
Loved the ambassador dog that roams the lobby greeting the guests. Such a sweet pupper!
You really feel like you are at home here. I will always stay at this location in Pittsburgh when we visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so happy to learn you enjoyed your recent visit. I will share your kind comments with our colleagues (and Edie!) and recognize them for their outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pittsburgh soon.

PA
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I ended up staying one night at the last minute, and was delighted to have a cocoon of luxury here, even if only for a short stay. I can't comment on any food at the location, but the service was exceptional, from the valet greeting me at the curb LATE on a night WELL BELOW zero degrees, to the front desk staff. The room was so well appointed and spacious, and the view was beautiful. Most importantly to me, it was QUIET. I wish I had more time to enjoy it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jillia
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay and were able to relax -- if only for a night. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Surprising my spouse with a show and an overnight at the Fairmont on Valentine’s evening was a delicate affair. Also this was the first stay at a Pittsburgh Downtown hotel even though we have lived here for 20 years.
The Fairmont has everything one would expect from a 5 star facility when it comes to amenities, but the Fairmont stands out because of its people. At check in the receptionist was so welcoming and discreet in playing along with my little Valentine’s Day charade. And throughout our brief stay everyone was most helpful without being intrusive. The next morning the male and female at the front desk were charming and so professional. The same can be said for the staff in Habitat.
A first time experience at home following extensive travels around the world and it shall not be our last.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Market Square were charming especially watching the people scurrying around in the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank seaniem
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your recent stay. I will share your feedback with our colleagues and recognize them for their outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed February 18, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Given it's star rating you'd expect this but they do go the proverbial extra mile. The rooms are not just stylish and comfortable, but sensibly appointed with power sockets where you actually need them and so forth. The staff will do their best to help you and present an air of actually wanting to be nice to you, rather than the "professional nice" air some hotel staff adopt, which leaves you with the impression you've got a voodoo doll of you in the back which will get some pins later.

Weak spot - the food and dining. Even by hotel standards it's not the best value, and it's the only place in the hotel the staff consistently drop the ball (food takes ages, no drink refills without asking, empty plates not bussed, etc). Not critical, and not why you'd stay here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eddy E
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your room accommodations and that our colleagues provided you with outstanding service.

I am sorry to learn about your experience in our dining outlets, however, and will share this feedback wtih our food and beverage team. Please know that your experience was certainly not in keeping with the level of service and luxury we strive to provide.

Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed February 18, 2014

From the friendly staff to the beautiful rooms, you can't go wrong. My husband and I spent a nice weekend there and I am ready to go back. Stunning views, great accommodations, wonderful staff, I couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your reivew. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent visit and will share your feedback with our colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Fairmont Pittsburgh!