“Very central”

Fairmont Pittsburgh
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a very nice modern hotel. Great views of the city and rivers on one side and the ball park for some. Location is right beside the market square and right down the street from baseball and the point park. Housekeeping was very late on one day. Great black out bodies and a super comfortable bed means be prepared to sleep in

Room Tip: Ask for a room the can see the stadium
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Pittsburgh

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my three-day stay in this central location to all major attractions in the downtown core of Pittsburg. If 10-20 minute walks are doable then you will find the Fairmont well-positioned to all major attractions, shopping and restaurants. Within 1 block, you are at the Market Street Square with a selection of restaurants, including the well-known Primanti Brothers sandwiches. Within 2 blocks, you are crossing the Roberto Clemente bridge to the PNC Park to watch the Pirates or a few more minutes for the Steelers at Heinz Stadium. Within 20 minutes you can walk across one of the many bridges to Station Market and the cable car ride up Mount Washington, or about 25 minutes in the opposite direction to the Stripe Market for Pirates-Steelers-Penguins souvenirs at significant discounts (versus at the parks). The rooms are spacious with excellent views from the higher floors, like my room 2322 with a side view to PNC Park. The Health Club is superb with a vast array of exercise equipment and assisted weight-training equipment, plus relaxing sauna or steam bathe afterwards. I parked across the street (above CVS Pharmacy) from the hotel and paid $15 per day versus $21. Also consider joining the Fairmont President Club for complimentary Internet and other upgrades. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors above 14 to view other attractions, especially of PNC Park if a b-ball fan. A...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2013

First let me say I was born in Pittsburgh and had not returned for a while, I travel extensively and the Fairmont was a lovely surprise in downtown Pgh. Review : The hotel is in a great location. My room on the 19th floor was wonderful for first three days( PNC park view) last day housekeeping forgot us, informed front desk on way out staff apoligized and assured me the situation would be rectified ( no problem) well returned several hours later and beds were made but dirty towel left in bathtub with trash on floor. Informed front desk evening manager Steven came to room very apologetic and removed towel and brought clean towels. Complimentary breakfast also given which was very good and outstanding customer service at Habitat. Overall hotel staff was great. The dog Addy was great. Like last reviewer the outside bellman (minus a lovely Asian man please forgive me I forgot your name but will never forget your smile and greetings) need a little more work on customer service ie:opening doors and saying hello. I will be returning to Pittsburgh soon .

Room Tip: PNC park view is great ,their is a building that lights up at night and the colors change often.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the housekeeping issues and am happy that Stephen was able rectify the situation. Thank you also for your kind feedback regarding our bellman Brian. I will certainly recognize him for his outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Jean-Francois Lincourt,
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend last month. The hotel is extremely nice. The rooms were big and really clean. The staff were terrific, really helpful and nice to us. Great location. Within walkin distance to Three Rivers Park

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont in downtown Pittsburgh for four nights. I got a so-called "Fairmont City View Room King bed non-smoking" and it was nice. The view was excellent from 15. The wall with the window was basically just glass and you could watch down on the south side of downtown Pittsburgh. The staff was friendly. Except one of the "bell boys". He didn't open the door for me when I walked in and out of the hotel. The other staff would open the door for me though. Not that I really care about it, but I noticed this. That's why I am mentioning this in this review. And every staff that served me got a tip from me.

They have a nice restaurant that serves an excellent Caesar's Salad and the restaurant staff was very nice and friendly.

Close to the reception, there is a bar. I had a sandwich dish and it was nice. They get their food from the same kitchen that supplies their restaurant on the second floor.

So my family also had a party at the hotel at their big hall. I have no complaints about that. Everything was fine. This was my experience.

The points, that are not so good: That one bell-boy and the fact that wifi internet is not complimentary. This is a pretty up-class hotel, so I didn't quite understand why I had to pay for wifi. However, when I did purchase access to the wifi, the wifi worked flawlessly.

In conclusion; I would stay there again, despite some minor issues.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was a regular at the Andy's bar at the Fairmont Hotel. Good drinks, not so good service. Well didnt make much of the sub-par service coz the bar is usually busy I do understand the gap. Last evening I had a horrible experience at their reception area. My wife & I were waiting for a taxi at stand opposite their entrance for a while. A taxi starts to come towards where we were and one of the hotel staff decided to cut us and put some of his guests into the cab. I was shocked at this and approached him questioning his action. The hotel staff, Daniel, started to hurl abuses at me justifying his action and continued to raise his voice. One of the managers, Michele stepped in to understand the situation but Daniel continued to shout and defend himself.

Such kind of behavior is a result of pride, lack of customer service and respect. Needless to say, I am done with visiting this place. I warn others to watch out for any lack of customer service during their visit to the Fairmont.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Satya_V
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to learn about your experience at Andys. Rest assured we value your comments and have received them as an opportunity for improvement. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly and investigate this issue further. Please contact me by calling the hotel at 412-773-8800.

Jean-Francois Lincourt
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I LOVE this hotel! We live in Pittsburgh and stay here occasionally for a 'staycation' with our pups. On out most recent visit we were due to check out, but while we were enjoying our coffee and the view of PNC Park we decided to stay another night and take in the ball game! Cannot say enough great things about this hotel!

Room Tip: PNC Park view rooms are great, especially if the Pirates are playing, you may see fireworks
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple