“Enjoyable Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Harrisburg
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great hotel, great room, great location, great hospitality, great location, great service and great ease of parking. Much nicer than some of the other higher priced hotels in the city, and for a much more affordable price. Thanks Fairmont for an enjoyable stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I visit Pittsburgh once a year from the UK to attend a Steelers game. We have tried several hotels but were delighted when the Fairmont opened two years ago. It is in a different league from the existing hotels in the city. The rooms are very well appointed, large and well lit. The separate shower cubicle is such a pleasure and one of the best we've come across. The bathroom lights are multiple and the ones for the large mirror are in the right direction -not always the case with many good hotels! When one travels a great deal, the amenities in a room really matter. This one gets it right. The staff are excellent and friendly. Our only complaint was poor service in the restaurant. The staff, with some exceptions, were slow and inattentive.

Room Tip: Facing Mount Washington is a wonderful view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Fairmont Pittsburgh end of Sep for a buisness/conference in the area.Ichose the Fairmont based on the reviews and pics.This hotel exceeded my expectations.
Location is outstanding , steps from the market square, very near to the stadium and the shopping areas,
The room are of a good size and luxirious , very nice bathroom.
The service and hosbitality of the staff is remarkable.
I advise to join the fairmont clup ( Free ) to get complimentary WIFI
Also choose high floor rooms facing the stadium to enjoy the view

Room Tip: I advise to join the fairmont clup ( Free ) to get complimentary WIFI Also choose high floor rooms...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FairmontPittsburgh, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the accommodations and service during your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our colleagues and recognized them for their outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pittsburgh.

Bernd Pichler
Front Office Manager
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

A lovely place should you find yourself needing a hotel in Pittsburgh. Service was personable and efficient and my room was comfortable, well appointed and large. The Fitness Club was well laid out and I found the team there helpful and friendly. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
Auburn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We went to Pittsburgh for a bball game. I am a Starwood owner but I wanted to try something different had stayed before at Sheraton. Reviews for this place looked good understanding that it was more expensive but seemed worth it. Location perfect for a game yet still in downtown close to T and bus stops. Room spacious, bed hard to get out of, amenities in room top notch. The people that worked there are the stars though Starting with Ron who walked us half way to the bus stop to make sure we got to the right one. He also told us of some of the history of the town and we now have a list of places to visit the next time we come down. Susan at the health club who scurried me through a tour as she knew I needed to meet my husband at the game yet managed to show me everything I needed so when I came down in the am I knew exactly where to go. Hilary at the concierge desk who always greeted us with a welcome smile and who when unable to answer a question I had researched it and emailed me the info. I never heard a grumble or saw anyone without a smile, Way to go Fairmont it was a pleasure to stay there and we will be back!

Room Tip: If you are a baseball fan get a room with a view of the baseball stadium!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at the Fairmont Pittsburgh recently for business, but since it was my first time in the city I had saved some time to explore. Hilary from concierge really went above and beyond to give me a wide range of options. She remembered me and greeted me every time I came into the hotel, and when I was unable to answer my phone when she returned my call she left me the sweetest note in the room with a whole list of restaurant options. A HUGE thank you from Sophia!! I will definitely stay at Fairmont again the next time I am in Pittsburgh.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sophia L
Dear Sophia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to learn that our concierge Hilary was able to make your stay so enjoyable. I have shared your comments with Hilary and recognized her for her outstanding service. Our entire staff looks forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,
Bernd Pichler
Front Office Manager
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I come to Pitt for work often, this trip I got in early and wanted a great breakfast. Walked in to the Fairmont, sat down, ordered an espresso and then asked for the wifi password. They said, sir, thats going to be $15.99. WHAT?! Really? I thought they were kidding, asked for the manager who took 10 minutes and didnt come over. I left. End of story. I never write bad reviews, this will be the last time I step into a Fairmont. Cancelled my stay in SF in two weeks already...

Done. GO TO THE WESTIN! I walked out and down the street, walked in and asked the first employee about wifi in the restaurant, Vince said definitely, I will meet you up there with the passcode. WHAT?! Thats all it takes, service w/ class. Enough said.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business