“Great place/questionable art”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place/questionable art”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Honestly, I can't find anything wrong with this hotel. OK, the art in the lobby, especially that horrible, horrible piece right over the front desk. I'm a big fan of modern art but not when it's that obnoxious. Other that that, very nice service, spacious rooms with great views, a pleasant, sun-filled restaurant, good location. Just everything one would expect for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NikaRossa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is the hotel to stay at for a pittsburgh visit. Great location for Dwntwn, pirates/pnc park, and short walk to station square added bonus of watching pnc fireworks from room (request room w view of pnc park). Room was spotless and new, not redone. Didn't use restaurant/ bar but seemed crowded and nice jazz band fri/sat note. . 4 on value is just because I typically don't stay at this nice of hotels when traveling for business.

• Stayed August 2012
Montreal
Reviewed August 10, 2012

One of the best Fairmont hotels I have ever stayed at. Exceptional sevice, obviously a very well trained, motivated staff. I found them to be very proactive as far as customer service is concerned... almost anticipating needs and making suggestions as a result... very refreshing vs. other older crusty hotels and staff.

Also, best hotel gym I have ever seen and I have worked out in gyms on five different continents.

Finally, excellent location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GoHabsGo24Cups
Cordova, Alaska
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for our 1 year anniversary..it was amazing! We had a view of Pittsburgh(my hometown) day and night that was beautiful!. Its right near the center of town, and in walking distance of many attractions! Check out Olive or Twist nearby,for a great martini and awesome atmosphere. The hotel itself was gorgeous, and the staff was great! The bar in the main lobby had THE best drinks! Also, they had live jazz music right there in the lobby too!
I would stay here anytime I had a chance!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as our lobby bar Andys. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pittsburgh to celebrate your second anniversary!

Jean-Francois Lincourt,
Director of Operations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Nice accomodations, but the price of 24 hours of wifi is over $15, and there's no free wifi in the lobby for those meeting for business. I've stayed in nine hotels in the last three weeks, and this is the only one without free wifi either everywhere in the property or at least in the lobby. I was offered the chance to join their "club," which gives the supposed perk of free wifi only when I complained on the way out. Fairmont must think people who can afford their prices don't consider value for money. Why gouge customers they purport to pamper? I'll spend my money at another high-end Pittsburgh hotel next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are sorry to learn that your stay did not meet your expectations. I apologize that you were not informed of the Fairmont President's Club benefits upon check-in so that you could utilize the complimentary WiFi in your guestroom and lobby throughout your stay. I will address this with our front desk manager. If you would like to learn more about Fairmont President's Club benefits and join the program, please visit www.fairmont.com/fpc/benefits. Thank you again for your feedback.

Jean-Francois Lincourt, Director of Operations
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have stayed at most of the hotels in downtown Pittsburgh. The Fairmont is exceptional in nearly everyday. The rooms very modern and have all necessary amenities, the staff is curtious and makes a genuine effort to welcome guests and tend to their needs, the location is perfect, and the fitness center is second to none for a hotel. My only knock is the food quality isn't great and the bar is very small for a hotel of this size. Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I went to this hotel last November and I am just writing the review now but I have so many good things to say about this hotel!
I go to Pittsburgh every year from Toronto to see a Penguins game and it was my first time staying at this hotel. I was really impressed mostly by the appearance but also by the location and the service. The concierges were extremely helpful in suggesting places to eat and places to go and they were very friendly as well. Check-in was quick and easy and they had very friendly and talkative valet guys as well. I remember one older man who was extremely helpful and all the staff were great!
The location is also good. I was able to walk everywhere I went including the Consol Energy Centre (the hockey arena).

This is one of the most beautiful modern hotels I have ever stayed in. I remember being especially impressed by the bathroom. It was huge and absolutely stunning, as was the rest of the room.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel and I strongly suggest it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank s1214
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience with us. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay last fall. Our concierge, front desk staff, doormen and other colleagues appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you back for another Penguins game this season!

Warm regards,