“Pierogi!”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Strip District
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Exploring the Strip District with my family and decided to try authentic Polish. The menu is posted on the wall with an explanation of every dish, which was very helpful if you aren't familiar with Polish food. I had the potato and farmers cheese pierogi--they were unbelievable! Plump and just delicious. My MIL raved about her kielbasa sandwich. My 5 yr old son liked his Haluski... until he discovered the sauerkraut but that's no fault of S&D. Highly recommend!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This deli lives up to the hype. On separate days I walked to the Strip to nosh here. It was everything I hoped for and deserves all the accolades it has received over the years. I ordered the 8 dish fried pierogies with a variety of fillings including, farmers cheese, potato, cheddar, kraut and it was awesome. The next day I ordered the 4 piece dressed with kraut and mushroom. The dressed is of the boiled variety smothered in onions and butter. Tears rolled down my cheeks eating this dish.

I wish I had tried some of the other dishes but didn't have the time. I loved the older Polish woman who served me the first day who started off kinda grumpy but became friendlier with me as I spoke with her. Finally the sights and smells of this place makes me want to be an honorary Pole. No jokes please.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Traveling for Easter and visited the Strip on Holy Saturday. The streets were crowded as many shopped for their specialty foods for Easter. We visited this deli for lunch and were disappointed in the quality of the food. The potatoes pancakes were cooked ahead of time and then microwaved . They were rubbery and soft -not what I was use to. My husband had a kielbasa sandwich - piece of meat with some red horseradish sauce- it had very little taste. We were going to buy some piegioes but decided to pass after sampling the lunch. I will not be going back and would not recommend it to others.

1  Thank rmk50
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I came to S&D's the first time because of the Groupon deal they offered. I did the $9.50 dinner special which gets you two sides and a main entree. I chose the breaded pork cutlet with potato dumplings and coleslaw, and it was amazing! Seriously one of the best meals I've had in Pittsburgh! I definitely recommend it- next time I'm going to try the pierogis because I hear they're great. The pork chop was well-cooked. The coleslaw was crisp and delicious, and the potato dumplings were buttery and delicious!

Reviewed February 21, 2011

An easy walk from downtown, worth the walk one day to have the Bigos (Hunters Stew) a large portion for the price.Wish there was more Kielbasa, sinced I love it so much.
Another day was the Haluszki, cabbage and noodles. An enjoyable meatless dish.
The freezer chest was full of all varieties of pierogi, unfortunately not home made. Delicious, well worth the price.
The Hunter's (Mysliwska) keilbasa was delicious.