“Authentic German in Pittsburgh”

Hofbrauhaus Pittsburgh
Ranked #12 of 2,205 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had a great experience visiting this restaurant recently. On a beautiful summer evening, we sat at an outside table right next to the river. It could not have been a nicer setting to enjoy a good meal. I am not a beer expert, but others in the party who are said the authentic German beer was very good. The food was not spectacular, but certainly not bad. The German pretzels were absolutely outstanding. I had the sauerbraten which was good. Other eating with us enjoyed their meals also though the food is not special overall. Service was prompt and friendly.

The atmosphere here is fun and music is provided in the indoor beer hall. This was also a great place for young kids as it is informal and loud. This is definitely worth a visit, especially if you can enjoy dining outside next to the great view of the river. Overall we enjoyed the authentic German food and beer.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I always stop in here when we are visiting Pittsburgh and hit the REI store. Pretzels and mustard and beer! I'm not really a big German beer fan, but they do make good German beer here. Always very attentive service at the bar. Very clean. The pretzels ARE awesome!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We love it here.. You are sure to have a grand time...this restaurant is a replica to the one in Munich

Reviewed May 30, 2014

If you like German beer, this is the place. I wish Hofbrauhaus had a location in every city I visit. I knew the beer was good but was pleasantly surprised that the food my we all ordered was equally up to snuff. Very tasty and a good variety from salads to brats.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Walked here from my hotel (Springhill Suites - tip: hotel can give you a card for a complimentary appetizer $9.00 value for hotel guests). Sat at bar, and had a Hefeweizen beer. Appetizer was fried pickles and entree was Heidelberg Rham Spaetzle. Delicious food...I wanted to lick the plate of the Rham spaetzle!! The one thing I would have liked more was "colder" beer. It seemed Luke warm, and I like ice cold beer. Otherwise, it was a great experience with delicious food.