“I Shall Return...........”

Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Taylors, South Carolina
“I Shall Return...........”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Being fans of German cuisine, we were craving a German dinner as it was our last night in Pittsburgh. We did a search and found Hofbrauhaus. We journeyed, found a parking spot and made our way to the eatery.
I must say, the food, atmosphere, and service was top notch. The dessert was outstanding, the chocolate, cherries, and whipped cream were to figuratively die for.
We wanted a German experience and we were not disappointed. If you are like me, and I know I am, this German restaurant is something you must do while in town.
I shall return..........

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
West Henrietta
“Good German Food and Octoberfest Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

If you love German food this is the place! We had wonderful dinners. Reminded me of my time at the Octoberfest many moons ago. however, it is rather loud so not a place for an intimate discussion. go for the food and fun!

Visited April 2014
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Excellent schnitzel!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I, his cousin and our 14 year old daughter couldn't decide where to go after visiting theHeinz History Center. Cathy suggested the Hofbrauhaus in South Side. What a brilliant suggestion! We ordered the beer sampler and two of us sheared it. The beers were all good. I recommend a sampler if you haven't been here before. We also ordered two appetizers, the deep fried sauerkraut balls and the Bier Cheese fries. There was more than enough for the four of us. Both were a hit. All four diners were good, ample to serve three or four people each so we took a lot home. We had to try dessert so we ordered the Black Forest cake with ice cream. Four forks and spoons later we had devoured it. Perfect for a table of four.
We were seated in the Hall and I have to say the noise level is intense. If you have difficulty hearing in a noisy place ask to be seated in the quieter dining room.

Visited May 2014
Pittsburgh
“Enjoyed it !”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Have visited twice recently. Once for dinner when it was very crowded and once for an early lunch. Enjoyed the Pierogi appetizer, it was big enough to have as an entree. Also enjoyed the red apple sauerkraut. My husband liked the pretzel sandwich and the beer. For lunch we shared the giant pretzel and I had a wedge salad. Enjoyed both. Service was good. It is really loud in the big dining hall. If you want to talk, the quiet dining hall is much better.

• Visited April 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good Food/Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We make German food frequently at home, and this the first time I took the family here. Enjoyed the giant pretzel and schintzel. Good service, ok live entertainment, and of course, great beer, made for a fun dinner. The only thing I question is whether the spaetzle is made from scratch.