“Been Dining Here for Years and Like It”
Review of Tokyo Sushi Buffet & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tokyo Sushi Buffet & Grill
Cuisines: Japanese
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Been Dining Here for Years and Like It”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'm confused by some of the reviews. I've been dining here for years and really enjoy it. I've always found the staff to be friendly and have no issues at all with the food. Yes, it's a bit more expensive but it's a sushi buffet. Ordering off the menu at another restaurant would certainly cost more than what you pay here for the selection. I've been eating sushi for years at many different restaurants and in many states and really enjoy the Tokyo Sushi Buffet. My only wish is that the eel was warm!

Visited October 2012

“Poor Food for a High Price”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Mistakenly did not inquire about price for buffet, totally my fault. I assumed $10-15 for diner time for good quality. Selection was poor and so was quality. When I received the bill for 4 at $100 I was physically ill and not from the food. I have been taking my family to oriental buffets for years in many different states and this by far was the most expensive. Being new to the area maybe this s what we should expect.

USA
“A regular of this place”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family loves this place. I personally fell in love with the sushi here...they have such a variety of it. The people working here are very friendly and, in contrast to other paces where we eat out with our 2 years old, the girls here are very nice and attentive to our son. They change the menu during the week-ends so, we always find many delicious foods to choose from. When we have visitors to Pittsburgh, we take them to this place, because there is always something for everybody, seafood lovers or not. The place is clean and I trust the cooks there. The only downside is the spicy price...we just paid $75 for three adults on a Saturday evening. Somebody was saying the parking lot was empty...most of the evenings it's packed...so, don't just listen to what some people have to say, go there and convince yourself of what the truth is!

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Gives Sushi a bad name”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

A group of us ate there in March on a recommendation from a coworker. Not sure what he was on, but I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I have never eaten sushi that is not made fresh to order and now see there is a good reason for that. They have lots of sushi rolls, but they seem like they have been sitting there for hours and hours. They did not look fresh at all. I added extra wasabi as I was afraid of what it would taste like. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive which is a plus, but can't make up for the reason we all go out and eat...."the food". They do have a station where a chef will whip up rice, meats, noodles, almost like a stir fry. If you are going to this place that would be the way to go. At least you will have a something made to order.

• Visited March 2012
Mars, Pennsylvania
“Im seriously calling the health department to file a claim.”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This place has been open about 10 years and I went when it first opened and was not impressed but I decided to go back yesterday on a whim...I should have known by the spare amount of cars in the parking lot it was a bad indicator but its Thursday so we decided to go in. Most of the Sushi looked pale, even the fresh cut sashimi was pale and "unfresh"...The sushi rolls also had a stale look to them and the rice was sticky, heavy and reheated, Sushi rice should be fluffy sweet, freshly made and fresh tasting. Except for the chicken wings and the ribs which were OK this place is gone., negative cash flow, throw food to the pigs restaurant. You can tell there losing money and on the way out..............Having over 30 years of food service experience, I explained my findings after my wife ran into the bathroom and violently vomited. I would never write a review stating this if it were not true and obviously its the first and last time its ever going to happen. I will NEVER eat at a buffet without checking out the food first. Especially consider it a must if the cost of the buffet signs are hidden by artificial grape vines as they are here. The owner/ lady at the counters reply was "really"........We paid over $40.00 including a tip for the waitress (was not her fault the food is horrible).EDIT...My wife feels better today ( we ate there last night) she had no stomach virus, so it was definitely the food.

• Visited April 2012