“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Joseph Tambellini

Joseph Tambellini
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph Tambellini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 2,150 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mellon Street
Transit: Bus stop directly in front, for routes: 71A Highland Park
Boston, Massachusetts
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Pittsburgh and wanted a nice Sunday evening meal, and we saw that this restaurant had Sunday hours. So we took a cab from downtown out to Highland Park, and it was more than worth the ride! I had the pan-seared lamb chops and my husband had their famous meatballs. Nothing I'd call exotic or fancy, but everything was done to perfection--the amazing meatballs, the flavorful lamb nailed at medium-rare, the perfect-to-the-bite risotto, etc. Large wine list has offerings at a variety of price points. Service was good and yes, Joseph stopped by the table and genuinely seems to enjoy his customers. Next time, we will have to save room for dessert!

Visited July 2013

Oakmont, Pennsylvania
“Best, Best, Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is by far one of the best places in Pittsburgh to eat at! Joe is awesome by coming out and chatting with all his customers and making sure everyone is enjoying themselves!

Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Our party of five enjoyed our meals, the ambiance and chatting with Joseph Tambellini. The pasta was excellent. My husband loved his steak. We definitely will visit again.

Visited June 2013
PITTSBURGH
“Dinner for four 6/15/13”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I took our dear friends out to dinner for a retirement celebration and had reservations for 6pm. My husband and I arrived and were told our table was on the 2nd floor and we told the hostess that it would be difficult for our friend to climb the stairs she said she could seat us on the 1st floor but the table was needed by 8pm. We said then maybe we will just take the table on the 2nd floor so we are not rushed and the hostess said you have to leave that table by 8 also! Our friends arrived and we ordered the food was excellent but for $240 we all felt very rushed through the courses. The salad plate was removed from our friend while he was putting the last fork of food into his mouth! There are many great restaurants in this area and for the money we paid we DID NOT NEED TO BE RUSHED OUT! Don't think we will be going back and I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone else...this was my choice for this celebration! It takes more than food to make it a worthwhile experience!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank RICHARD D
“Good food but overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a dinner reservation and were immediately greeted and seated. The restaurant is very small so making a reservation is a must. The overall atmosphere is okay, nothing too special. The crab balls and fried zucchini were excellent. The chicken Marsala was very good, but the whole wheat pasta was just okay. My other guests had entrees ranging from seafood to veal and they were pleased. The Canoli was very delicious, as was the chocolate lava cake. The bill totaled about $350 for four, which for what we got, I thought was steap but that did include about two drinks each as well. I may give this place another try for a different special occasion.

• Visited May 2013