“A big change”

Neighborhood: Bloomfield
Cross street: Morewood
“A big change”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was so looking forward to my evening with friends at toast, cheese plate - 4 nuts 6 crackers 2 paper slivers of Apple and 3 sugar cube size cheese. Shrimp and grits - a completely different dish than their famous app, this version was tasteless. Fish tacos - smelly.
Never going back ( after years of being a faithful patron )

• Visited October 2013

“Dinner to remember!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband took me to Toast! for my birthday. We both started out with flights of wine. Each flight had 4 of the taster sized glasses with different kinds of wine. The flights were ranged from $10-13 depending on which option you chose. I thought it was a great value and an excellent way to try several types of wine. I really didn't like one of the wines so our waitress gladly took it back and brought another glass that was more to my liking. We ordered the macaroni and cheese and it was out of this world delicious! We also got the tapas style shrimp dish which was good but not memorable. For dinner, I ordered the Hawaiian Butter Fish... I never wanted the dish to end. The fish was perfectly flaky on the inside with a great crisp on the outside. I'm very picky about my fish and this was superb! My husband got the pork dish and he basically licked the plate clean. I managed to get a tiny bite from him and the pork just melts in your mouth. Incredible! My only suggestion to Toast! would be to spice up the dessert menu. We got the strawberry cheesecake and it was just so-so. I LOVE desserts and I was a little disappointed. But the rest of the night was perfect! Great service, great atmospehere, and most importantly great food and wine!

• Visited July 2013
“Expensively Mediocre”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the service is friendly and unobtrusive, the wine list is sophisticated and good, but the food is mediocre at best. I had a fish dish, which was good--but not fantastic. My dinner partner had a tofu dish where the bits of tofu had the texture of desiccated sponges. The dessert descriptions were so uninspiring that we were not even tempted. The prices were too high for the rather ordinary to unpleasant food.

• Visited July 2013
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Not so Shady in Shadyside”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Enjoyed a great dinner this past week at Toast! Sat at the bar was quiet and nice after a long work day. The Redfish was light/flaky, cooked just right...and tasted super as recommended by Heather (bartender/server). I hope to make it back to Toast! again soon to enjoy another great dinner and service.

• Visited June 2013
Bethany, Connecticut
“Pleased us again"”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Second visit to Toast in the past six months or so. Tried the downstairs seating for the more homey and cafe atmosphere.

Went with the soft shell crab and hanger steak with selected win pairings - they didn't miss!

One great feature of this establishment is the wine bar serving options (2.5, 5, 7.5 oz) that permits trying different selection and matching personal tastes.

A must try is the Barolo Chinato - fabulous.

As prior experience staff was well informed and accommodating.

• Visited May 2013