“Great restaurant and bar”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 2,254 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 6th Streets
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good business dinner here excellent steaks and good wine list. Nice decor and good location in downtown Pittsburgh. Bar is also nice and well stacked.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Yes, it's expensive but, in my opinion, this is the best steakhouse in the area. My New York Strip was perfectly cooked, to order. You could slice it like butter with a hot knife. Totally devoid of fat and the taste stood by itself, no need for additional seasoning. The baked potato served with it was fine ( and huge) but nothing extraordinary. Warning, Morton's salads are gigantic and can easily feed 2-3 people, especially the wedge salad. They serve onion bread with your meal as well.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Don't miss Happy Hour from 5-6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday - they have awesome food and drink specials. We went on July 3rd before the Pirate's game and the service was outstanding.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I ate here for my birthday dinner before attending a show at the Benedum in June. We arrived slightly before dinenr service started and waited outside, however once the bartender realized we were sitting outside, he invited us in to the bar for pre dinner cocktails and appetizers. We got the chips with the blue cheese topping and they were excellent as well!

Once we went into to dinner service, I was greeted with a personalized menu, since it was my birthday, which was an absolutely wonderful touch. Even just being walked to the table was a show of wonderful service, as they pulled out the table for us to allow easy access. Our waiter was extraordinary! Recommending so many different styles and things for us to eat.

My husband had one of the triple meals, that included stuffed shrimp, crab cakes, and some steak, which he said was great. With a lot of crab cakes you get more breading then anything else, and he was surpised to see some such crab in the crab cakes. I had the 6oz Filet Mingon which was to die for! It was one of the most well cooked steaks I have ever had. The juice that they drizzled around it made the meal, because it was so savory. The salads and sides are meant to be shared, we shared a beautiful wedge salad, that they actually brought on two plates so you didn't have to make a mess cutting it up to share. We also had a family side of the twice baked potatoes which were so soft and just melted in your mouth.

Dessert was just as equally wonderful! They brought it with a little candle in it.

The service again was excellent, not overbearing like you get in some resturants. They could tell it was a special moment between my husband and I so many times they left us alone, the only time we would see them was to refill our water glasses. Make sure you do make a reservation ahead of time, because they seemed to get pretty busy as we were leaving before our show.

The dinner is expensive but when you are treating someone this resturant goes out of their way to make you feel special! Not meant for everyday dining(unless you have that much money) but nice for a special night on the town.!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you have never eaten at a Morton's, you are in for a treat. This is an expensive dinner, but the food, service and ambiance is so worth it. We celebrated our daughter in law's graduation from college and the staff made it an unforgettable and special experience.

1  Thank Dorothybear