“Great Food”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Pittsburgh
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Pittsburgh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 6th Streets
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

A great place for a special occassion.W went for my birthday.....I had te ribeye and my wife had the whole lobster,also order the brussel sprouts.Had woodford reserve that was a full glass very generous.

1  Thank Anthony B

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I thought the food (steaks) were well prepared and good quality. The steaks are, however, quite overpriced. There are other establishments in the city with comperable steaks, for half the price. The dining room desperately needs to be updated. The service is pretty good and the wine list is vast. I don't think I'd go back....especially for the value, or lack thereof.

1  Thank Bob6104
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great steaks prepared to perfection, sides are a delight...this is an expensive restaurant so highly recommend for a special occassion only!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've probably eaten at the Pittsburgh Morton's over 200 times in 20 years. Since the chain was bought by Landry's (of Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. infamy) it has become something else. The delicious bread and superb butter, gone. The excellent, unhurried and professional service, gone. Prime rib, gone. Sinatra and Dean Martin steak house ambience, gone. You get the picture. Now I'm gone, and sad to see such a wonderful place so thoroughly ruined by it's new corporate owner.

1  Thank Pgh_10
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We dined at Morton's to celebrate my husband's birthday, and were accompanied by our 2 sons, age 15 & 23. We were seated in a room that seemed to be designated for people celebrating something so I guess they have a policy of keeping those with special occasions away from other diners. Maybe that's because it gets a little annoying after the 15th waiter stops by and says "who's birthday is it?" and then takes a picture whether you ask for one or not.

The first problem after that was that when we said we would order wine, the waiter immediately removed the glasses of our sons. My 23 year old may look young, but he doesn't look like a teenager. My son was justifiably embarrassed for the waiter to make that assumption without inquiring about his age.

Our main courses arrived without the salad we ordered. When we asked about it, the waiter said he forgot to write it down, then brought it. They still charged us for it. The medium rare steak was barely pink. The mac & cheese was dry and overcooked. It looked like it had been sitting under a hot lamp for an hour. The rest of the meal was good, but nothing to justify the high prices and lackluster service.

The waiters seemed completely uncoordinated in their service. We were repeatedly asked the same questions by different waiters. For example, one came to take our drink orders when we had already ordered from the previous waiter. Same thing with dessert. The best service of the evening came from the valet parking. Prompt and courteous.

I expected Morton's to be on a par with Ruth's Chris Steak House. It did not come close. I'm only giving it 3 stars because the food was pretty good. Not great, not terrible.

2  Thank Juliet K