“Great Happy Hour!”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Pittsburgh South Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market - Pittsburgh South Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,052 of 2,188 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mount Lebanon
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Love the happy hour at Mitchell's - dinner is good too, but I prefer to sit by the bar during happy hour, get some drinks and small plates. Service can be spotty in the bar area and it always seems to take a while for the server to notice that there is a table waiting (maybe there's a communication issue between the hosts/servers) but once they notice, it's smooth sailing from there on.

There are newer reviews for Mitchell's Fish Market - Pittsburgh South Hills

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Another couple met up with us for dinner here. The service was excellent and the food was incredible. Many of us had the cod stuffed with crab and lobster with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. The dish was excellent. My husband is not a seafood person and he loved it. He also is not usually a fan of asparagus either...he cleaned his plate. He still talks about how great that food was and we went there last month. We will be returning soon. We also ordered a coupke appetizers...artichoke dip and a shrimp dish. Both were also excellent.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was visiting the Pittsburgh area for a two-day meeting, and a high school friend and his wife invited me to have dinner with them. The night was stormy, and we decided not to venture too far into the city so they picked me up from my hotel and suggested Mitchell's Fish Market in the Waterfront area.
Okay, my bench seat had a major tear in it, but a little slide to the right and all was good with the world. Our waiter was there just as we settled in and even though he probably was nearing the end of his shift, he was friendly and personable and ready to take care of our "off-menu" requests. Drinks came quickly, orders were taken with precision, and he nailed it. He continued to be attentive throughout the meal. We left a $20 tip, not because it was a certain percentage, but because he earned it. Best night out in a long time, and he can take credit.
Oh, yeah.. food and drinks were hot, plentiful, and delicious. What else can you expect?

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Been here quite a few times. Their food is really good. I love their blackened tuna steak. I feel the prices are somewhat high for the portions. The side dishes are so small. I asked for asparagus and got 3. I have had bigger cuts of tuna steak for about the same price. I also enjoyed the steak oscar style but that is an expensive add on. You often have to ask for bread even though it comes with the meal. And its a sourdough loaf which isn't very good. But I always look forward to some warm bread before a meal. Service here is consistently slow and every time we are here something has been forgotten and we've had problems with our bill. They really need to work on service. Its slow even when there is no one in the restaurant but a handful of people. The atmosphere is really nice though.. Just would like to see portions a little bigger and service much better. Oh and save room for their shark fin pie!!! Mouthwatering!!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stumbled on to this restaurant while in Pittsburgh for a visit. There are a couple in the area. We had dinner at the one in the Galleria Mall. We did not have reservations, but despite the restaurant being pretty full, we were able to get a table for 4. The service was very good, and the food was also. I had the trout and it was perfect. Also, a very good mojito. We liked the ambience and the location was close to our hotel so it worked out fine for us. They did not rush us through the meal and paid the right amount of attention. I had the crème brulee for desert and was not disappointed. Overall, this is a nice place for dinner and if in Pittsburgh again I would definitely visit this restaurant.