“Hit or Miss? Mostly a Hit”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Pittsburgh South Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market - Pittsburgh South Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,052 of 2,188 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mount Lebanon
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I like to go to places where the food is consistent. At Mitchell's, I haven't had too many mediocre meals. The fish is always incredible, the desserts are fab-o and and the drinks are always great.

12/2012, hub-a-bub and I stopped in after a shopping spree. I was a bit disappointed b/c my salad was swimming in dressing and my soup was luke warm. However, this is NOT the norm and the waiter did ask me several times if he could bring me something else. The evening improved significantly once my fish entree arrived. The Sea Bass was wonderful (as always) and I saved plenty of room for a really good dessert.

Must have been an off night for starters. It happens.
I am looking forward to going back!

There are newer reviews for Mitchell's Fish Market - Pittsburgh South Hills

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Normally, I don't review chain restaurants because... well, they are chains.
But this chain in the Galleria in the South Hills deserve special attention.
First of all, the best time to visit is during lunch time and happy hour. The prices are lower, but the portion sizes are about the same as dinner.
The staff was cordial, attentive, and knowledgeable about all things seafood. The ambiance was quite classy. Most importantly, the food was outstanding - perfectly cooked fish, crispy french fries, and excellent sour dough bread. Even the kid's fish and chips was good enough to be gobbled it up like a long lost candy stash. Look forward to another visit.
Highly recommended!!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I arranged a holiday party for 10 of my girlfriends. We were in a private room with a fixed menu @ $29.99. I brought my own wine and paid $10 corkage per bottle. Service by Russ and his other crew members was outstanding! Food was great and although we chose the fixed menu, few options that were outside of that were accommodated without any issue. I love seafood and I am very fussy but this restaurant lives up to it's reputation. I would definitely choose this venue again for a private party!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were very impressed with the entire experience. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The food was first class. Definetly go here if you get an opportunity and like quality fish meals.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had my wife's birthday party there with 16 people in a private room. The setup was great, the service was great and the food and prices were equally great. The do a wonderful job. Couldn't have had a better restaurant on our visit to Pittsburgh.