“The place stunk and the staff was cromagnon....”

Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville
Ranked #67 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Savannah, Georgia
“The place stunk and the staff was cromagnon....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

We were there to attend a funeral. The female evening clerk said that my bank card was declined. I did have another. She said it loudly to announce it to the few other guests.One obese man was sitting next to the microwave and eating some kind of fried dough as fast as the other man was getting them out of the microwave. The next day I went to a bank and asked to check my card. It was not declined and I went back to the day clerk and demanded an appology. I got none and was told there were other motels. On the third day, we planned to stay another night. We were told we would have to move to another room. We left and plan never to return. Also the tv remote didnot work and no one ever came to check it out. The breakfast room had a gallon of milk for cereal. The person in front of me dropped the lid on the floor and it rolled off. The clerk found it and put itback on the jug without cleaning it off. There was supposed to be a fruit bowl. Two dried up apples. What a dump...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DonBee
DIH6979, General Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 412-828-5400.

Days Inn Harmar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

we were lucky to have somehow unknowingly been clever enough to book the "wally suite"
unfortunately the suite was a smoking suite and the smell of cigarettes was disgusting.

however, there was a loungeroom with a sofa and 2 chairs as well as a table and chairs and a desk.
the sofa was a fold out bed and we couldn't find any linen for it and the reception staff were more than happy to get it for us and offered to make the bed up.

there was a bathroom and then the bedroom with a king sized bed.
you generally have trouble finding a comfortable bed when staying away from home, but this king size bed was the most comfortable bed i slept in during the 5 weeks touring the USA...if i could, i would have loved to take it home with me :)

there was a fridge in the room and tv in both the loungeroom and also the bedroom.

there was also a laundry room with washing machine and dryer in the motel.
there was also free wifi in the room

right across the road were numerous fast food stores, mcdonalds, KFC etc
a "Target" store was close by as well as a "Primante Bros" restaurant a few mins drive away.

i did hear the train a few times but not loud enough to cause any issues.

it is a 5 mins drive from the major highway that takes you either to the city of pittsburgh or further out to the pittsburgh mills shopping mall and then delightful townships further along the highway - such as Freeport.

other than the smell of stale smoke and it unfortunately making everything in our suitcases smell...there was nothing to fault about this place.

i saw the free continental breakfast from a distance but didn't have any so can't really comment

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 412-828-5400.

Ashley, Pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

Planned to stay two nights. Could not wait to get out., left after one night., would not credit us for one night. Friend had bites after one night sleeping in the bed. Just rude people.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank cath102

Lansing
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

The room was priced at $65 per night based on my blackberry. When I got there they offered me the room for $45. It was worth much less than that. The floor was sticky. When I looked at the bottom of my feet, they were black with silth. Do not stay here. The shower curtain had mildew on it. The comforter smelled like sex. Simple things were missing from the room, such as lotion, note pad, hair conditioner, and coffee. When I asked the front desk for these items, they said that this hotel does not provide these things. They did have a towel rack and a suit case stand. Both were rusty. Too rusty to put a wet white towel on and not get a brown stain. No refund or price deduction was issued after I complained. The front desk just offered to fix the problem. What good is that going to do for me, when I am not coming back, or staying there long term??? 6 Landings drive, Pittsburg PA 15238 [--] , [--] . Six Landings Drive

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Helpme4
Portland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is a motel in a so-so area. The rooms are out dated and the carpets feel dirty. The toilet kept running on and off all night. Walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors, plus there are train tracks across the street and the train goes by a few times a night.

As a woman traveling alone, I was not comfortable in my room and I did not feel safe.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

I stayed at this Days Inn with my family when traveling from Philly to Ohio. The location is great as it is right off the PA turnpike. The front desk clerk that checked us in was very friendly and quickly assigned us a room. The room was in decent shape and was clean. However, the next morning someone called our room and asked what my last name was. I asked why that matter as this person did not identify himself. In a very rude tone he told me that he needed to know because he had no one assigned to the room we were in. Apparently there was a mix up and their system showed we had checked out 5 mins after checking in.
When I went to check out the front desk clerk (which was th one who called the room) preceded to argue with me about our conversation on the phone. I finally told him that I disagree and asked for my final bill so that i could leave.
I have never come across a front desk that was so extremely rude and defensive. Things happen and I never would have given the mix-up a second thought if it was handled in a much more professional manner.
There are several other hotels at this same exit off the PA turnpike and I will be staying at one of them for my future travels along this route.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Spring Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

We were driving from Michigan to Washington DC and decided to leave a day early and drive part of the way and stay the night somewhere close to the turnpike. I booked this hotel online based on its reviews (many other places along the way had issues with vagrants/drugs shady area and people). For the money $55 it was what it should have been. We felt safe, even pulling in at 11pm. We left at 7am to head the rest of the way to DC and had a quick breakfast which was fine as well. Overall it wasent that bad, I am happy we stayed there it was all it was supposed to be.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#57 of 68 in Pittsburgh
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#62 of 68 in Pittsburgh

Been to Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville? Share your experiences!