Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville
Ranked #69 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We decided to stay for one night.

Rooms:

For those of you who do not know, this is NOT A HOTEL. This is a MOTEL. The rooms are antiquated and extremely dirty. Even if they use Orkin to kill all of the bugs, the cleaning staff was incompetent and did not even bother to clean the corners of the rooms where all of the dead bugs were. Even so, there were spiders, stink bugs, and lady bugs crawling all over. If you want to sleep in a place without bugs, go to either the super 8, Hampton or the other hotels right next door. They are hotels so bugs are less likely to crawl into the rooms.

Free Breakfast:

Yes they provide breakfast. However, the choices are limited. You can have only cereal, bread or bagels. There are no sausages, waffles, eggs or anything warm. We thought that the lobby would be large and comfortable based on some of the pictures they showed. Evidently, those 2 pictures are it. That's the lobby. No more, no less. However, they did have a nice TV in the dining room.

Surrounding Area:

McDonald, KFC, and several other restaurants are literally right next door. You don't have to cross a highway or a major road. However, I would recommend that you chose the super 8 right next door.

Overall:

Don't stay here. It's not worth it. It should be a 1 star "hotel."

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rwskiller

Reviewed April 15, 2011

Two words BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, we didn't stay, I am not sure why they are still in business. I definately won't be booking another Days Inn Stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank dlgraves1
Garbear13, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

My name is Jenny Candelore, General Manager of the Days Inn Harmarville. In response to the claim of bed bugs I can personally assure you that the claim is false. We have Orkin come out monthly for preventative maintenace and we inspect our rooms on a routine basis. I did try to pull up the guest information to respond personally, however I cannot find anyone in my system before April 15, 2011 with that last name. I am truly sorry for their less than perfect experience. I wish that they would've spoken to me personally so that this matter could've been resolved earlier.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

We were there to attend a funeral. The female evening clerk said that my bank card was declined. I did have another. She said it loudly to announce it to the few other guests.One obese man was sitting next to the microwave and eating some kind of fried dough as fast as the other man was getting them out of the microwave. The next day I went to a bank and asked to check my card. It was not declined and I went back to the day clerk and demanded an appology. I got none and was told there were other motels. On the third day, we planned to stay another night. We were told we would have to move to another room. We left and plan never to return. Also the tv remote didnot work and no one ever came to check it out. The breakfast room had a gallon of milk for cereal. The person in front of me dropped the lid on the floor and it rolled off. The clerk found it and put itback on the jug without cleaning it off. There was supposed to be a fruit bowl. Two dried up apples. What a dump...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank DonBee
DIH6979, General Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 412-828-5400.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

we were lucky to have somehow unknowingly been clever enough to book the "wally suite"
unfortunately the suite was a smoking suite and the smell of cigarettes was disgusting.

however, there was a loungeroom with a sofa and 2 chairs as well as a table and chairs and a desk.
the sofa was a fold out bed and we couldn't find any linen for it and the reception staff were more than happy to get it for us and offered to make the bed up.

there was a bathroom and then the bedroom with a king sized bed.
you generally have trouble finding a comfortable bed when staying away from home, but this king size bed was the most comfortable bed i slept in during the 5 weeks touring the USA...if i could, i would have loved to take it home with me :)

there was a fridge in the room and tv in both the loungeroom and also the bedroom.

there was also a laundry room with washing machine and dryer in the motel.
there was also free wifi in the room

right across the road were numerous fast food stores, mcdonalds, KFC etc
a "Target" store was close by as well as a "Primante Bros" restaurant a few mins drive away.

i did hear the train a few times but not loud enough to cause any issues.

it is a 5 mins drive from the major highway that takes you either to the city of pittsburgh or further out to the pittsburgh mills shopping mall and then delightful townships further along the highway - such as Freeport.

other than the smell of stale smoke and it unfortunately making everything in our suitcases smell...there was nothing to fault about this place.

i saw the free continental breakfast from a distance but didn't have any so can't really comment

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 412-828-5400.

Reviewed May 26, 2010

Planned to stay two nights. Could not wait to get out., left after one night., would not credit us for one night. Friend had bites after one night sleeping in the bed. Just rude people.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank cath102

Reviewed February 17, 2010

The room was priced at $65 per night based on my blackberry. When I got there they offered me the room for $45. It was worth much less than that. The floor was sticky. When I looked at the bottom of my feet, they were black with silth. Do not stay here. The shower curtain had mildew on it. The comforter smelled like sex. Simple things were missing from the room, such as lotion, note pad, hair conditioner, and coffee. When I asked the front desk for these items, they said that this hotel does not provide these things. They did have a towel rack and a suit case stand. Both were rusty. Too rusty to put a wet white towel on and not get a brown stain. No refund or price deduction was issued after I complained. The front desk just offered to fix the problem. What good is that going to do for me, when I am not coming back, or staying there long term??? 6 Landings drive, Pittsburg PA 15238 [--] , [--] . Six Landings Drive

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Helpme4
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is a motel in a so-so area. The rooms are out dated and the carpets feel dirty. The toilet kept running on and off all night. Walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors, plus there are train tracks across the street and the train goes by a few times a night.

As a woman traveling alone, I was not comfortable in my room and I did not feel safe.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business