I was traveling by car in the winter weather from the Midwest back to the East Coast and decided to make an overnight in Pittsburgh, and this particular Hampton Inn because it's pet-friendly. Check-in went well enough until informed that because I had a pet, I had to take a smoking room. This was explained to me as allergens and smoke were to be kept in the same set of rooms. The room stank of cigarette smoke, and when I asked for another room, was given one that smelled normal. However, this room did not have good sound insulation, as I could clearly hear the person in the next room whenever he talked. Eventually my talkative neighbor quieted down, so I didn't make an issue of it.
That, paying well over $100 for the room, another $14 for parking, and a mediocre breakfast equals a disappointing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the collegiate and hospital districts, home to the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Duquesne University and all the UPMC Hospitals. Enjoy free shuttle service within a three-mile radius of the hotel, contemporary guest rooms with free WiFi, free hot breakfast, and fitness center access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hampton Inn University Center
- Pittsburgh Hampton Inn