“I would definitely go back!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Montreal, Canada
“I would definitely go back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I spent 3 nights at the Hampton Inn while at a conference. The hotel room itself is modest but the bed and bedding were very comfortable and my room was quiet. Providing a breakfast on-site was very helpful and there was a good variety of choices. But what made this hotel outstanding, and why I'd definitely go back, were the staff and the shuttle service.The front desk staff were cheerful and really helpful. And, as others have noted, Rick, the shuttle driver was wonderful. Always cheerful, always obliging, the shuttle was not only really helpful, it was fun! We're going to miss hearing, "Hi! It's Rick from the shuttle!".

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Matt M, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, we appreciate all guest feedback. I am excited to read that you were pleased with our complimentary breakfast buffet. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and especially Rick. We are proud of our team here and we believe it is what sets us apart from other hotels in the area. We look forward to your next visit here in Pittsburgh!

Assistant GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Clifton Park, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at this Hotel as it is very convenient to UPMC. The front end staff are very pleasant. The Hotel overall is average. Would like to see improvements to bathroom cleanliness and breakfast food.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Don,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn University Center on your most recent visit to Pittsburgh and UPMC. I am also thankful for your honest review on Trip Advisor as we strive to be great and do not want to be considered average. I am proud that you found our staff to be pleasant and the location of our hotel to be convenient to UPMC hospitals. I would like to personally apologize for the cleanliness of your bathroom and the breakfast food. Here I Hampton we are 100% Satisfaction Guarantee so if you are not satisfied we do not expect you to pay. Please let me know in the future if you may need a room in the area as I would love the chance for an improved impression of our property.

Jonathan Zottola
Hampton Inn University Center/Pittsburgh
412.681.1000 phone
Thompson Falls, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our shuttle bus driver Rick was an amazing wealth of information. Always greeted us with cheerfulness and hometown charm. We actually worked our schedule around HIS hours so we would have him! We didn't have a single negative at the hotel, but Rick still far outshone any single benefit we had. Because of him I will be staying nowhere else in the coming years my son attends UPitt. Double his salary!!! He's making the hotel $ in customer loyalty.

Room Tip: Free washer & dryer is on the second floor. The front desk will even give you complimentary det...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HammieMT
Matt M, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
HammieMT, thank you for your review of our hotel. I am excited to read you enjoyed all the amenities the hotel has to offer during your stay. Rick is a SUPERSTAR here and we are honored to have him on our team. Thank you for the nice comments about him as it seems he made your stay extremely memorable. We cannot wait to host you again during your future visits!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

The hotel is standard for a Hampton Inn. There is some road noise and I had to play white noise to sleep at night. However, the shuttle driver, Rick, makes up for any shortcomings. I was in town for a conference and all my fellow attendees experienced problems with their hotel shuttles. I never had any problems getting where I wanted and when I wanted. Rick even remembered me by name and did the same for others. He went out of his way to get food for a pregnant passenger and even took my friend to her hotel so she would not have to wait a ridiculous amount of time. Rick is first class.

1 Thank Erin P
Dear Erin P, thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of our Hampton Inn. We appreciate all feedback and especially praise of our staff. I am happy to see that our shuttle service provided you with flawless convenience for all of your traveling needs in and around the area. Rick will be ecstatic to read all your kind words about him. Thank you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Shuttle system is wonderful. They are very helpful and rick in special is a very kind man who always makes you smile! The hotel is nice and very close to the pitt university so it is easy to get around, and the shuttle makes it even easier! Rick even provided me with a bag with snacks for my trip

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Laura C
Laura C, I am happy to read that our convenient shuttle service was able to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Our location makes our shuttle service easy for anyone traveling downtown or to the Universities. I will pass along your kind words to our shuttle driver, Rick as our staff always appreciates when guests recognize them for their hard work. Thank you again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Fresh cookies from 6-9 in lobby, nice touch. Boring room decor. Nothing special. There is a shuttle with a friendly driver. The lobby needs a bar and some music playing. The free breakfast was really tasty and above expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Peeka thank you very much for your recent stay and your review on Trip Advisor. Glad to hear you enjoyed the complementary full hot breakfast and our friendly shuttle drivers who can take you to a three mile radius of the hotel. Your opinion about the décor will be noted as we are always gathering good feedback about ways to improve and I will be sure to pass that onto our design team. I appreciate your feedback and hope in the future when you have a chance to stay in the area
Coopersburg, PA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel was clean and well located. The breakfast was very good as well' with a variety that meant both my daughters found a favorite. I appreciated that parking was free as well. The staff was very helpful & friendly - when we checked in the clerk gave us a map & marked out the things we were most interested in during our trip (we were in Pittsburgh for college visits). I would recommend this hotel to others - I felt it was a good value

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Rebecca W for your TripAdvisor review. I excited to see you had a "good stay" with us. It is awesome to read your daughters found favorites they liked from our variety of breakfast items. Thank you for recommending our hotel as a good value. We hope to see you here in Pittsburgh in the near future!