Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center
  • Pool
$214
$143
  • Restaurant
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$139
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$107
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$121
Doubletree.com
$142
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$103
TripAdvisor
$198
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
1,049 results
All reviewsshuttle servicefront deskfree shuttlewithin milescarnegie mellonpittsburgh universityfree breakfastoakland areavisiting pittnice breakfastthe hotel staffparking feeyogurtconvenient locationmile radiusnice staythe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I surprised my husband to a trip to Pittsburgh. My husband is a huge Steelers fan, so I got tickets to the game also. We had a blast going to the game, shopping at the strip district and station square, along with the incline ride up the mountain. We had a great dinner at the Hard Rock Café. We are looking forward to our next trip!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Kim you are a great wife what a great surprise for your husband to visit all of the cool places in the area and see a Steeler game. Glad to hear the trip went well and you were able to enjoy our hotel and the use of our complimentary shuttle and Tracy, With the hotels great location you are able to navigate throughout the city without ever having to pay for parking as that cost will add up. Tracy is our companies Team Member of the Year with her amazing customer service and knowledge of the city she is tour guide herself. We appreciate your business and cannot wait for your next trip to the city and Hampton Inn University Center.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel was ideal for an overnight stay. The hotel certainly could use some renovation,but, the rooms were fine. They were clean and had a comfortable bed. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was conveniently located and close to the interstates and freeways. The rate was reasonable. I would return if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John R
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn University Center and your review of your stay and experience. Our team try's to make every guest feel at home and deliver genuine kind service to each in every guest. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in a clean comfortable room and would choose us again if you were to stay in the area.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was not aware that it was a pet friendly hotel. I would not have booked this Hampton Inn. I would have stayed at another location. I always stay at Hampton Inns because I am a Hilton Honors member. But another location would have been ok.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

I would like say thank you for staying with us though we are a pet friendly hotel. All hotels are individually owned and operated and have different pet policies to be aware of. When calling to book your reservation 1-800-426-7866 each hotel will specify the pet policy and on the website a small icon will specify or have it written out. I hope this helps you for all your future reservations and I want to thank you for being a loyal Hilton customer and I wish you a happy new year.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Not as nice as some of the newer or more recently renovated Hampton Inns, but still great value for the price and location. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Staff were very friendly. So far the best hotel I've stayed at (in this price range) in Pittsburgh.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reviewer7160

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn University Center and your positive feedback. Glad to hear we are the best hotel that you have stayed within Pittsburgh area as we pride ourselves in giving great service lead by all the team members of the hotel.Our team goal is to try to make your stay memorable as possible so you have no need to choose any other on your next visit to the area. I am glad we offered you a great value and experience and I would like to thank you once again.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great staff!! The front desk staff did an awesome job getting us into a room with a very difficult situation. They were very informative and accommodating. They just get the customer service staff. This hotel is very close to University of Pittsburgh and UPMC hospital. The free transportation within 5 miles of the hotel made getting back and forth to the hospital very easy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate your Trip Advisor review about your stay even though you were going through a difficult situation. We offer a great location to all the universities and hospitals and our staff dedicates itself in providing the best possible service to fit your needs. Our shuttle is a great way to get through our city and improve your overall experience to be hassle free of a difficult area to drive and park. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon when visiting this great city.