We were visiting colleges in the area and had an excellent experience at this hotel. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, the bathroom was also clean. The breakfast was great-typical Hampton Inn spread(fresh fruit, waffles, eggs, cereals, pastries, coffee, juice) What really makes this hotel standout is the level of service the staff provides. We were trying to decide weather or not to drive to the campuses we were visiting. Turns out, there is a shuttle service. Tracy(I told you, I would mention you!) is fantastic. She knows everything about Pittsburgh. She was so helpful and very efficient getting everyone around. All you do is call her when you need a ride back, and she is there within 10-15 minutes. We also were helped by Andrea at the front desk. She too was helpful in finding us a river tour. Then, there is Ronald. We liked him because he recommended great pizza to us. The housekeeping and breakfast servers were equally as helpful. I really want to mention this staff, because they honestly made our stay so pleasant. We had never been to Pittsburgh. They went out of their way to suggest things and were excited about things to do and see. We also took in a Pirates game. Fantastic stadium. This hotel is walking distance to UPitt and not very far from Carnegie Mellon. We took the shuttle for CMU because of time issues. Thank you to Jonathan Zottola, General Manager, who took the time to welcome us and help us. One thing to be aware of....great work-out room, but try not to get booked next door to it on the second floor. The guy who was in there while we were working out, complained that he could hear everything in the workout room. We, however, would return to this hotel and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the collegiate and hospital districts, home to the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Duquesne University and all the UPMC Hospitals. Enjoy free shuttle service within a three-mile radius of the hotel, contemporary guest rooms with free WiFi, free hot breakfast, and fitness center access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hampton Inn University Center
- Pittsburgh Hampton Inn