In my experience, a Hampton is a Hampton is a Hampton. Clean, comfortable rooms in convenient locations. However, this one is on the shabby side, as is the neighborhood. The rooms are clean, but small and worn. Every room has a view of...abandoned buildings. While it's less than a mile to Pitt and Carnegie Mellon, the area is so iffy, I wouldn't want to walk it. Fortunately, they've got a fabulous shuttle service that leaves on the hour and comes right away when you call for pick-up. It operates from early morning until 11 pm. And the staff is SOOOO nice and friendly. They do their best to please. Give the rooms a facelift, and I'll give this Hampton 4 stars, despite the neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the collegiate and hospital districts, home to the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Duquesne University and all the UPMC Hospitals. Enjoy free shuttle service within a three-mile radius of the hotel, contemporary guest rooms with free WiFi, free hot breakfast, and fitness center access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hampton Inn University Center
- Pittsburgh Hampton Inn