“Very nice hotel.”

Ranked #62 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 14, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vik P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Reviewed March 9, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vik P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Reviewed February 28, 2014

There was a woman who was so very nice and I regretfully did not get her name but when I asked her the name of the Febreeze she sprayed she said she believed it was meadow rain. Later that morning I saw her again she came up to me and gave me the exact name of the febreeze because I liked it so much. 2 days later, I walk outside and find that my car has a flat tire. She see's a fellow co-worker and I trying to fix it and getting pretty much no where. She comes to us and says, I called for help someone will be down to help you change your tire. That woman was so nice and helpful to me for the 4 days I was there I just wish I would of got her name but if you can ask Salt he will know it. Salt, my saving grace then shows up literally 30 seconds after she calls him and does not hesitate to help me in 3 degree weather with frozen lug nuts just so I could have a safe tire to drive on. He then saved me over 100 dollars from having to buy a new tire because he explained to me that if I take the tire that was flat down to get checked out and filled up with air it should be fine. Well Salt was right, there wasn't anything wrong with the tire it was just the cold made the tire seep air. When I get back from getting the tire filled with air, Salt is back out in that freezing weather putting my tire on. If it was not for that generous man and that amazing woman I would of had a horrible day but the two of them made my day because it feels so good to know that people out there do care. There was a run in with only one staff member who had a bit of an attitude but Vic ??, Donika ?? and the manager Kevin ?? who scanned into his computer were absolutely amazing to work with. I am so satisfied beside the little TINY issue with one specific staff member who's name begins with a N, other than that EVERY single staff member and I mean literally EVERY single one I encountered were willing to help, make you smile, ask you how your day is and are just very caring and hospitable people. I want to say Thank you so much to Salt and my Cleaning lady because you two honestly saved the day and I wouldn't of made it home to my beautiful children without you. Thank you to the staff of La Quinta because you have made our stay completely fantastic and we look forward to seeing you again!! P.S. I am so bad with names and I am so sorry for that.

Room Tip: If some people can't handle the smoke than move your room, if its the dog, move your room. Don...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank megan c
Vik P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you so much for the time and energy to give us such a great review! All our staff is very happy to hear your response and our guests are always our first priority and our staff has showed that, especailly Salt who changed your tire for you in order for you to reach your destination safely. I will make sure Salt and all of our employees know about this review and they will be very pleased to hear. I am very pleased our staff went out of their way to please our guests.

We all hope to see you again soon and we will all be here to help you with any situation you may be in.

- Vik patel

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband booked this hotel for valentines day weekend and I was very skeptical but decided to give it a try when we got there the entrance lobby and bathroom by the bar look wonderful the guy at the desk appeared to know what he was doing we received our keys and got in the elevator once on the 3rd floor it appeared to be looking like it was being remodeled I instantly heard big loud dogs barking and the smell of smoke hit me. I have asthma and allergies. We continued down the hall hopefully the smell wouldn't follow and we wouldn't be able to hear the dogs but we heard them and the smell was the same so went down to talk to tge guy at the front desk who claimed he couldn't get ahold of the owners of the dogs and said the hotel shouldn't smell like smoke and he would send someone to check that person claimed he didn't smell anything as if it was my imagination he then asked if he could move us to a room on the 4th floor which to me would not have helped considering a lot more people staying were also complaining about the dogs he then suggested HIMSELF to us if we would like to cancel our reservation which we already checked into but when I agreed to that he went on to tell me I wouldn't get my money back!!! I asked for the manager he told me he wasn't available until the next day then the maintanece man said he will be in later mind you it was 9pm then I got really upset because I felt that u was being played for a fool then the bartender heard me get upset and I explained the situation to her she said she would take care of it and the manager was in the building and she would call him now. The manager then called the front desk phone and never came down to speak with us and the boy at the desk told us ok he has permission to refund the money but before we left he just said we were checked out so I asked him again does that mean we will be credited back our funds and he said yes....I still have yet to receive a call back from the manager or my money it has been 2 weeks.....I will never recommend this hotel to anyone we went to the hampton down the road where the sign on the desk says if you're not happy with your stay, why pay...but we paid and would have stayed another night uf we couldve and they had a hockey team on our floor and it was still the best stay I've had at a hotel....I want my money back la quinta

• Stayed: February 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your inconvenience during your stay with us. Our hotel is a smoke free hotel and pet friendly. We do apologize about the noise on your level from the pets and the smell of smoke. If a guest is not satisfied with their room, we try to accomadate them as much as possible by moving them to a different room or floor. We are working with our staff to make sure all floors get fully deodorized in order to remove the smell of smoke you experienced during your stay with us. Also, your refund for the stay should have been credited back to your account. If not, please feel free to give us a call and we can discuss further and resolve this issue for you.

Again, we apologize with your experience with us. If you have an occasion to visit this area again, please reach out to us and we promise to improve your stay.

-Vik Patel
-Scott Wilson

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was in Pittsburgh for a business meeting earlier this month and my company had booked La Quinta for me. I must say, it is a pleasure to be at such a great hotel with an amazing staff and high amount of hospitality. Upon my arrival at La Quinta, I was greeted by the front desk manager Donika, who was extremely understating and helpful. I asked her if she has any restaurant recommendations for me while I was here in Pittsburgh, and she sure did. She told me about Aladdin's, which was only a few minutes away from the hotel. I did end up going there and I loved it! La Quinta should definitely keep the staff that they have now, because they were all great people!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a gratefully positive review. We are very happy you had such a great stay with us! Thank you very much for recognizing our wonderful employees. We will let our employees know about their recognition and they will be delightful to hear. Our guests are our number one priority and our employees exceeded that goal!

We hope to see you again soon!

- Vik Patel

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel when in town for a cat show. Good breakfast, nice room. No problems. Then, on returning to the room one afternoon, after an hour absence, the door was open. No one was in the room, hall, or utility area. It was apparent the housekeeping staff had been interrupted mid duty and left, leaving the door open. Waited for a while and no one came back. Trash bags were gone, towels gone, beds made. Housekeeping list and rubber gloves present. Called the desk and, while very polite, the attendant had no clue. After several calls to the desk, towels were never delivered, no explanation, was given and no manager would be available til the following morning! This was completely unacceptable.
I did talk to the manager in the am. While very apologetic and giving me a discount on my room stay, it was disconcerting to have this happen, receive no explanation and not have a manager available to handle the situation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We are very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at our hotel. Anytime a guest is disappointed it makes our entire staff reflect on what went wrong and try and improve so that the next guest doesn't have the same experience. We extremley apologize with the experience you had with housekeeping. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to stress how important it is that every guests' rooms are treated with extreme attention. Housekeepers should never leave a room unattended, especially with guests personal property in the room while the door is open. Your call to the front desk should have been addressed and resolved immediately. We will address this issue to our entire staff and make sure this situation does not occur again.

We hope to see you again soon and we will make sure you do not experience the same situation you had with your last visit.

-Vik Patel
-Scott Wilson
Gneral Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We arrived around 930pm on the 27th. The Lobby and staff was nice. One girl at the desk seemed to be in training. We received our keys and was told the whole hotel was non smoking. We went up to the 4th floor where our room was and immediately smelled smoke. My mom and I both can't stand the smell of cigarettes and it was extremely strong. I called down immediately to the front desk and asked again if this floor was all non smoking. She said the whole hotel was. The room wasn't bad. It's what we paid for, spacious with queen beds. The front desk lady moved our room to what she thought was a better floor. Not so much. Our room was much smaller and two double beds, not Queen!! Not exactly what we paid for, but didn't want to call down again as we were tired. The whole floor on 6 smelled again from smoke. We even began to smell it in our room around 5 in the morning. The hotel needs to fully be fumigated as they clearly have people smoking in the rooms. It would extremely irritating for people to consistently smell it as we did. Unfortunately we have one more night here and if we could cancel we would and go somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2014
Vik P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

We are extremely disappointed that your experience was not satisfactory. We understand you were frustrated and it is upsetting to us that we were not able to find a better resolution for you. We do apologize about your experience with the smoke smell in the rooms you were assigned to. We are a non-smoking hotel and if previous guests have smoked in the rooms, we try our best to remove the odor as much as possible with an ozone machine which is operated until the smoke odor is fully removed and the room goes through a deep cleaning of all fabrics, walls and furniture. However, in this situation, the room you were assigned to did not remove the odor completely. We will make sure the housekeeping staff alerts management of any smoke odor from any rooms to be addressed and not be rented to guests until odor is fully removed. We deeply apologize and you shouldn't have experienced this situation at the La Quinta Inn & Suites.
Please feel free to contact us directly to discuss further. If you have an occasion to visit this area again, please reach out to us and we promise to improve your next stay and opinion.

Our sincere apologizes,

- Vik Patel
- Scott Wilson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#39 of 74 in Pittsburgh
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore
Omni William Penn Hotel
Omni William Penn Hotel
#7 of 74 in Pittsburgh

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight? Share your experiences!