“Needs a Facelift!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight
Ranked #59 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is an older hotel and it shows. We stayed just one night and I am thankful that is wasn't longer. There were large groups checking in that day, so it was a wait to get up to the room. All of the luggage carts we out so we had to carry everything, including a full cooler to our room. The room had an odor when we opened the door and the air conditioner was not on, so it was warm. The beds are old and used, my friend and I kept rolling into the middle all night, the air conditioner was not cold enough, the bathroom is dated, the carpets needed a cleaning, the refrigerator was not cold and the television channels were almost non existent. In the morning, I went looking for the ice machine so I could put some in my cooler and found that it was in parts and not working, also the fire extinguisher was not on the wall in the hallway. The latter kind of scared me a bit, and I was thankful it was not needed. As we checked out, my friend told the desk clerk some of her concerns and he stated he was sorry for the bad experience and he would let someone know. I chatted with 3 other guests as I was hiking down the hill to get my car, and they also express bad feeling for the property. Also,we were not greeted as Priority Club Members, which all the other hotels we stayed at this trip did. You can't slap a coat of paint on the outside, spruce up the lobby and expect people to overlook the rest, this property needs a lot more!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank corniemom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear corniemom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in February and was shocked many times during my quick stay. Not only is it HALF a hotel, and the other half a college dorm, but the rooms are JUNK. The heater was so loud it woke me up numerous times and the internet was likely dial up shared with the 200 college students staying there as well. They did not recognize me as a platinum member, and the folks at the desk were clueless. They had a few good employees; the older gentleman who works overnight was very nice and should be running the place based on the customer service I saw from the other employees …and the very nice lady at the restaurant in the morning was great too.

If you don’t HAVE to stay at this hotel…DON’T!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear brando09,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize we did not exceed your expectations with the rooms, internet and the service you received. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you again for your review and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 2, 2013

At first you think the place looks clean and nice but its still a holiday inn! First when we checked in at 7 pm after driving for six hours we had two rooms and neither room was ready so we patiently waited 20 minutes for our room to be ready (3 hours after check in) and then finally got our room. No one at the front desk seemed to care we had to wait for our room. The room was supposed to be non smoking but reaked of smoke. King bed had a total of four of the smallest couch size pillows. Almost took a picture because it was so funny to have so few and small pillows on a large bed. Brushed our teeth before dinner and and the sink immediately clogged up.

After dinner we went out and got back at 11:30 after visiting with family to a HUGE mess! There had to be 30 people in our hallway having a huge party. People coming in and out of the room next door, yelling, banging the door etc. it lasted an hour and took several calls to the front desk and "security" to break up. Security guard was rude and told me to just give it some time... At that point it was a security issues because we did not feel safe with all the banging and people outside our room and certainly didn't want to confront the large crowd.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
David_C53449, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to reply to trip advisor for your current stay, However I would also like to apologize that the property in which you stayed at doesn't match our place of business.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We are loyal Holiday Inn and platinum priority club members. First of all you can see this hotel from McKnight Road but there are no signs directing you how to get to the hotel from the street as the hotel is up on a hill behind a shopping center. So it took us a while to get to it. Once we arrived we were barely greeted by the front desk worker who was not professional in appearance or actions. There was no acknowledgement of being a priority member or any perks offered as there usually are. We were given a non smoking room which is what we reserved only to get to it and find an awful cigar smell. Upon returning to the desk for another room the front desk worker who who was not friendly gave us a room that when we got to it was already occupied and mind you it was midnight. We returned to the desk again and asked to see a manager who was apparently in the building and too busy to come see us in person (maybe because she was with her daughter who happened to come to the front desk while we were there) and spoke to me on the phone. She apologized and we were put in another room with no working electric outlets. We thought the ones in the bathroom worked and plugged our cell phones in there only to find out when you turned the lights out the outlets didn't work. We were compensated with breakfast the next morning where the managers daughter came to the restaurant and stared at us the whole time. No one said have a nice day or thank you for stopping when we left. Bad experience and not at all what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. Skip this one it is not worth it....

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank kilako
David_C53449, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

I have recently reviewed your survey concerning your stay at our Holiday Inn Pittsburgh-North. I would like to thank you so much for taking your valuable time to offer us your feedback. Without hearing back from our guest we would be unable to make corrections or celebrate our success. We use all guest feedback to conduct additional training for our team members. We look forward in seeing you again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I liked the view of the hotel can see the whole road at night time very convenient to go to west view mall right down there the only draw back is my wife wants to keep going there as its close to mall for shopping

Very friendly staff nice place to stay

• Stayed: July 2013
David_C53449, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I have recently reviewed your survey concerning your stay at our Comfort Inn in Mill Hall. I would like to thank you so much for taking your valuable time to offer us your feedback. Without hearing back from our guest we would be unable to make corrections or celebrate our success. We use all guest feedback to conduct additional training for our team members. Again your feed back is wonderful and is very helpful to the local traveler.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Worst experience at a Holiday Inn EVER. Rooms were reserved for a family and rooms ended up being on opposite ends of the hall. The beds were dirty and had to be changed at once we checked in. The front desk staff was helpful, but management seemed too busy to care when confronted of the issue. The housekeeping staff who had to come and rechange the bed that they did not make to begin with was rude and insulting. Tried to contact corporate regarding the problems at this hotel, they never returned calls. Made sure hotel staff and management were fully aware of our problems, but other than changing sheets nothing was done. Also, security is lacking. Many of the outside doors are taped open so anyone can come in. In need of serious updates!

Room Tip: If you want a good room for the money you pay, DO NOT STAY HERE!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
David_C53449, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

I have recently reviewed your survey concerning your stay at our Holiday Inn Pittsburgh -North. I would like to thank you so much for taking your valuable time to offer us your feedback. Without hearing back from our guest we would be unable to make corrections or celebrate our success. We use all guest feedback to conduct additional training for our team members.
If you would be so kind to also post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor it will help other Travelers make an informed decision when planning a trip to the Pittsburgh Area.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I took a chance on this hotel because it had a mix of good and bad reviews. What a mistake! I will say that the lobby and restaurant were clean and looked nice. Our waiter (I believe his name was Matt?) was very nice, friendly and accommodating. As for the rest..
Each person we encountered at the front desk was rude at first. There was a hole in the wall in our room. The ceiling was peeling in the bathroom and wallpaper peeling in the other room. There were stains on the sheets as well as the curtains, chair, ottoman, and bench! There was a layer of dirt and grime on the air conditioner. The furniture was not even put back straight after they cleaned. Also, there were splatters of something on the walls which were easily wiped off. I even had to wipe of the desk because it was dirty. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2013
David_C53449, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I would like to take this time and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn pittsburgh-north. The staff here would like to apologize for your stay, And your issues have been brought up to the right departments. As far as your service in the restaurant, I have made Matt aware of his out standing efforts. Thank you again for your review, Myself and the staff hope to see you again in your travels.

Heather Morgenstern
Front Desk Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn
#39 of 71 in Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight? Share your experiences!