“First Class....” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Burlington, Kentucky
“First Class....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Was in town for bengals vs steelers game and this hotel nailed everything right. From getting a upgrade to the shuttle driving taking us around for free. Rooms are everything you expect from a westin with the beds, showers and then westin workout. Highly recommend this location!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Caitlin M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review as we greatly appreciate your feedback! We are energized to hear you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and Bath and our Westin Workout facility. We hope you come back and visit us again soon. Thank you.

Be Well, Be Westin,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a single night during a business trip in which I was speaking at a conference across the street at the Convention Center. The hotel functions well for business travel. Registration and check-in were handled quickly and professionally. The room was spacious, well-appointed, clean and quiet. Check out was also handled efficiently.

I had a group dinner in the hotel restaurant. The food was high quality and well prepared. I also had breakfast by myself the next morning. The food was tasty but, as is typical in large chain hotels, overpriced (costing about twice what the same meal would have cost in a nearby restaurant).

The Westin had an interesting "green" feature in the room. You place your key card in a slot near the door to activate lights and other devices. When you remove the card upon leaving the room, the lights all go out. There was also a visible recycling bin in the room. These are nice touches.

Unfortunately my stay was short and I did not get to try out other amenities such as the fitness center. I didn't even get to explore the surrounding neighborhood. There is a nice walkway to the Convention Center that was appreciated due to the inclement weather during my visit. Streets in downtown Pittsburgh are confusing and difficult to navigate; similarly the hotel garage is a bit cramped and confusing. It appears that there is no light rail connection to the Pittsburgh airport.

If you are looking for a four-star chain hotel with reliable quality the Westin will work well for you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Caitlin M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh. We are so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that your check in and out experience went smoothly! We are also energized to hear that you like our food options! We look forward to giving you a warm welcome back in the future! Thank you.

Indiana, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Overall wonderful staff. I replied to the email they send out to all who book stating our reasoning of a getaway and they made sure our getaway was extra special by sending us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne by surprise and setting us up with a beautiful view. Truly wonderful! The rooms were clean the bed was comfortable the showers were awesome! The concierge was very helpful in helping us get to where we wanted to go while staying. The only down fall was the parking it has low clearance and hard to maneuver around. But overall loved it! Will be returning our next trip to Pittsburgh!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Khobbie18
Caitlin M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that our staff provided you with a personal and special surprise upon checkin! Our Westin team works very hard to accomodate and exceed guest requests so we are thrilled they did just that! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Thank you and see you soon!

Be Well,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We checked in without a reservation and found a nice hotel with nice beds. It is a standard luxury hotel property and I would stay here again. The location wasn't fantastic but was walk-able to the downtown area and to the Penguins ice hockey arena.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gougherdg
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are elevated to hear about your stay with us! Our heavenly beds make it quite difficult to get up each morning, but we are very happy you enjoyed them! We hope you come back and join us for another Penguins game or Pittsburgh sporting event. Thanks again.

Dellroy, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

It's high price but you know that when you book the room. The problem is it's not worth it on any level. The Ravens were staying there while in town for a Steelers game so that was kind of cool. If you drink the ( complimentary water ) in your room, it's 5 bucks a bottle. If you use your room phone to call down the street for a pizza they will rack you at 1980 cell phone rates. The staff was anything but helpful or knowledgeable about anything that we ask during our 3 days there. Parking is off the charts and I can go on. If you don't mind paying top dollar for 3rd rate service, this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim C
Caitlin M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize that our hotel fell short of your expectations. Our Westin team does it very best to be knowledgeable of all the surrounding places/restaurants in the area so again we are sorry we did not meet your standards. I have passed these issues along to our management team so they can further assess and address these matters. We do hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the futher. Thank you.

Be Westin.
atlanta, ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel room was nice, the bed was comfortable, the tv was great and there was a nice yummy robe for me. But the water for my shower only stayed hot for about 1 1/2 minutes--I am not kidding. Thankfully it was not a hair washing day for me because that would have been very uncomfortable. When I checked out I told the front desk and she told me that they have been having problems. I then talked to my colleagues and they told me this has been an on going problem. I don't understand why a hotel like a Westin would allow cold showers. I would stay elsewhere if in Pittsburgh again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank barbiflys
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are energized to hear that you enjoyed our hotel amenities and the robe! We are however very sorry of your experience with the water in your shower. I have passed this information along to our engineering and management team so they can further discuss this matter. We hope that your give us another chance in the future to restore our Westin brand to you. Thank you.

Be Well.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I went this weekend to Pittsburgh to watch a Steelers game and the hotel made my weekend better
Last week I recieved and email from the hotel asking me for the details of my trip (arrival hour, reason for the trip, etc.) and letting me know that they were available in case I needed something else
I told them that I was taking my 6 year old to watch his first steelers game (I am from Mexico)
When I got to the hotel my room had a view to the stadium and there was a terrible towel for my son, my trip could not start any better
Trough out the weekend the hotel took care of my needs making it a great experience for my son

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BigHecCasas
Caitlin M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are energized to hear that our staff was able to provide you with a great experience. We like to go above and beyond our guest needs and like to add a personal touch when we can. We hope that you and your son enjoyed the Steelers game and we hope that you come back and visit us again soon! Thank you.