“Room down the hall had us up several times. Your front desk...”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #65 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 30, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my second stay at this property. It was recommended by my family as we come from the Allegheny Valley. During my first stay they wi-fi didn't work in my room. I asked to be moved to another room, but was told that the property was full, and I couldn't be moved. It was for one night, so it wasn't a big concern. I stayed at the property on 7/24/2013. As soon as I checked in I connected to the internet, and all looked good. Upon my return to the room I couldn't refresh my web-page. I used my smart-phone and decided to call down to the desk to ask for a better location in the morning. When I went to call I got no dial-tone and when I dialed 0 for the front desk, I also got nothing. Realizing that not even the phone in my room worked properly, I became an upset guest. I went to the front desk where the I was the sloppy young lady with a necklace tattoo at the front desk and requested to speak with the manager on duty. (Who hires a person with a visible tattoo to work the front desk?) She responded, "This is her." I offended her by saying, "Actually, it's 'This is she'." I asked for the managers business card. She could not find one. What kind of a front office does not have a business card for the manager? I asked for the property management company's address. She said she was not permitted to give out. It's posted on the elevator certificate by law, which I pointed out and she told me to get it myself. After treating more and more rudely with each passing second as I complained about not being able to contact management, I was told be her and another employee with whom she fraternized on company time, to go stay somewhere else if I didn't like it there. Super 8 is a discount brand, but it promises its guests clean rooms with wi-fi. The rooms at this property hadn't been deep cleaned in a while. The manager who doesn't admit to being the manager, Bela. She does admit to ordering new TVs, comfortors, ect. for the property, yet she is not the manager. When I told her that I was very disappointed, reported the issue to Expedia and Super 8 corporate, she told me she could refund my money, as it was up to Expedia. She had not realized that I understand Expedia and clarified with them how it would be resolved. It was the front desks decision whether Expedia refunds my money. She quickly instructed the young lady who treated me rudely to refund the second night. As I write this review, I am certain the older woman of Indian descent is the owner/manager, but as she tried to lie to me several times in our conversation I am not certain her name is Bela. She is much better with working with the customers, but her veracity is in question.
If you need a cheap place to stay in the area, there are two other properties with much better customer service. If you want a moldy smelling room, no Internet and expect no customer service, stay at the Super 8. Their staff told me to stay elsewhere, and I shall.
Whoever owns this property should be ashamed of how its managed.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the third floor if you want any wireless. My family on the first floor said it wa...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank DowntownSC
Reviewed July 22, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James P
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights last weekend. This hotel was definitely the best bang for your buck for someone on a budget. It was clean, had a flat screen tv, a mini fridge and a microwave. Only 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh, which is definitely a great city.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this hotel when we went to a Taylor Swift concert in Pittsburgh. It was about 25 minutes away from Heinz Field, where she was performing. Most of the guests at this hotel appeared to be attending the same concert. The hotel was at or near capacity. With the exception of a few noises from our next door neighbors, it was very quiet. Our room was very neat and had been thoroughly cleaned. The free breakfast consisted of two cereal choices, some packaged danishes, some sad looking sausages, fruit, juice, and coffee. There were only four tables in the dining area, so we ended up going to McDonald's for breakfast after we checked out. Overall, a pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family