“Average”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #65 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The morning desk staffer seemed mad that I interrupted whatever she was doing on the computer. There was no parking due to a bunch of large trucks parked in several spaces. I was upgraded to a king bed which was nice but upon inspection there was a random wash cloth under the sheet on one side. I'm not sure how this could have got there (I didn't want to know how or why, gross) but I ignored it and slept on the other side of the gigantic bed. Either the walls were very thing or the guests loud, either way I was woken up at midnight and 5 am. The stay was effective, I checked in got a shower and some sleep and left. That is all I expected and was what I got.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Looking for a place to spend a quick night enroute to the Laurel Highlands. After checking other reviews of the area, chose this property mainly for location convenience. Quite clean and quiet, decent service @ check-in and out.

Note that if you go for their breakfast, their hours (at this time) are 6-9. I personally would like to see this extended to 10 on weekends for us late-risers.

Also a neal little quirk of this property: the free paper they offer is the Pgh Post-Gazette. May not float everyone's boat, but I liked the change of pace from the ubiquitous USA TODAY; I like getting a taste of the local flavor when we travel, and the local newspaper can be a good read.

Also noted that Wyndham (Super 8 parent co.) is now displaying TA ratings on their website. Good to see that some of the parent companies are taking a proactive approach, something I'd like to see w/ other chains (e.g. Choice).

Room Tip: Do your best to get a discount coupon or code, as rack rates on rooms in this area are pricey.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have been staying here (unfortunately) since July 19th as we are looking for a house and this is not the first time that this has happened,.

The first time it was for -1- night (which was $74.10 w/ tax). They "extended" our stay which caused a HOLD to be placed on my account. After 2 weeks, the hold disappeared and the money never got placed into my account (so therefore I double paid for the SAME night).

THIS TIME, however... was for -3- nights. I told Diana that I wanted to extend the stay by 3 nights. She said ok and processed my card. Immediately a hold showed up. Then she said my card was declined because OF A MISTAKE **SHE** MADE. I got charged 222.30 for the 3 nights (currently listed as pending) and last night Management told the front desk worker (Mike) to deactivate our keycards (as we were staying there for free, which is NOT the case). After explaining the situation and the fact that I had medication in the room that I needed, he reactiivated the cards (reluctantly, as he didn't want to lose his job).

Most of the staff have been like rats jumping ship since the new management took over and after last night having them deactivate our cards was the final straw. We have been here for a month. We always paid on time. We have sunk over $2,200 into this hotel during our stay and only requested our rooms to be cleaned when it was actually REQUIRED BY LAW (once every 3 days).

We should not have to double pay for a stay at a hotel. Honestly, at this point, I don't think I will EVER stay at another Super 8 motel. Yes, the rooms are clean and most of the staff are sweethearts... the new owners don't understand customer service.

Ashley

Room Tip: Amber and Mike are two of the best front desk people. They will go out their way to help you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family