“Management at this hotel wants to kick out paying customers”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #66 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have been staying here (unfortunately) since July 19th as we are looking for a house and this is not the first time that this has happened,.

The first time it was for -1- night (which was $74.10 w/ tax). They "extended" our stay which caused a HOLD to be placed on my account. After 2 weeks, the hold disappeared and the money never got placed into my account (so therefore I double paid for the SAME night).

THIS TIME, however... was for -3- nights. I told Diana that I wanted to extend the stay by 3 nights. She said ok and processed my card. Immediately a hold showed up. Then she said my card was declined because OF A MISTAKE **SHE** MADE. I got charged 222.30 for the 3 nights (currently listed as pending) and last night Management told the front desk worker (Mike) to deactivate our keycards (as we were staying there for free, which is NOT the case). After explaining the situation and the fact that I had medication in the room that I needed, he reactiivated the cards (reluctantly, as he didn't want to lose his job).

Most of the staff have been like rats jumping ship since the new management took over and after last night having them deactivate our cards was the final straw. We have been here for a month. We always paid on time. We have sunk over $2,200 into this hotel during our stay and only requested our rooms to be cleaned when it was actually REQUIRED BY LAW (once every 3 days).

We should not have to double pay for a stay at a hotel. Honestly, at this point, I don't think I will EVER stay at another Super 8 motel. Yes, the rooms are clean and most of the staff are sweethearts... the new owners don't understand customer service.

Ashley

Room Tip: Amber and Mike are two of the best front desk people. They will go out their way to help you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AshleyFox123
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn and Suites

Reviewed June 11, 2012

As one of the reviewer said "Nothing fancy but still nice". I completely agree with that. We stayed here for one night only. I would give 3.5 stars. We didn't use pool or fitness center.

Good: Neat and Clean rooms, LCD TV.

Bad: Small room, Breakfast, Hotel Staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheetal2523
Reviewed June 9, 2012

To paraphrase Lt Kilgore. We wanted a cheap place as a stop over. Reviews here sounded ok. So, we made this our pitstop. Cheap it is. Rooms are basic . Yes, you get a flat screen tv. But, for a non smoking room it sure smelled like a smoking room. We probably should have requested another room but we were tired and only needed the room for sleeping. Bad idea. The next morning, our clothes reeked of cigarette smoke. Seriously, we smelled like chain smokers.
Anyways, if you luck out and get one that really is a non smoking room then it's a bargain. If you don't bring a mask who knows what you're breathing in there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AsianCaucasian
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I am originally from this area and have stayed at another motel 4 or so miles away that was terrible. (And cost much more.) I haven't stayed anywhere in a long time for this price, in fact. It was very clean. Bathroom wasn't the newest, but what good is new if it isn't maintained and most of all CLEAN? The breakfast is adiquate. They didn't have the hot foods that a lot of establishments offer, but it was more that adequate. (Cereal, toast, oatmeal, fruit, etc.) The beds and pillws were great. The only thing I can say against it was that when I registered, the desk clerk was far from attentive. She was more interested in the conversation she was having with her co-workers than anything I may have had to say.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This isn't a 5 star hotel, but it's just fine for a night or two. The room was neat, clean and had flat screen TV as bonus. The public space was a little small with only a few tables for the continental breakfast, which was OK, with cereal, juice and patries.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The room and bed were clean. The front desk clerk seemed cold when I checked in, but other than that it was a good value. Breakfast is OK if you like cereal, bread & some sort of sausage.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We are from the area originally and had to go back for a funeral. Picked this hotel due to location & price (there is a Holiday Inn Express next door that is $60 more a night). This hotel was perfect for what we needed....a good nights sleep. Nothing fancy and that's ok. Breakfast in the morning (carbs, fruit). I would stay there again if the occasion ever arose.

Room Tip: We always ask for a "quiet room". Was at the end of the hallway away from the main lobby.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank donnah62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley
#57 of 71 in Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#54 of 71 in Pittsburgh

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!