All reviews mcknight road divided highway u turn ross park mall turn around close to downtown great place to stay pool and hot tub the breakfast area nice stay nice pool free breakfast minute drive easy access nice breakfast comfortable bed fresh fruit
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Clean and comfortable rooms. A little older property so there weren’t usb plugs for electronics. Nice selection of continental breakfast items with baggies of apples wrapped and ready to grab for the road. The staff at the front desk were friendly and efficient.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

There is a lot of construction on the way to the hotel but otherwise finding the hotel is not a problem. The hotel is centrally located and close to freeways and Monroeville etc. Breakfast was the standard fare.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2018

This location has changed. It used to be so clean - I had to ask for everything - cups - shampoo - I stayed for a week - paid full price and the room was never vacuumed once the entire stay!!!!! It has changed - I will never stay here again!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thomas T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

I wanted to take a moment and let you know I appreciate your feedback and taking the time share your disappointment with your recent stay. It is very helpful and these surveys are shared with the staff which let’s them know from the guests that stay here, if they are doing a good or bad job. I want to personally apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean, all room items operational and all services are on-time and of the highest quality right down to our breakfast buffet. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts and again I apologize.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

The suite was a total eye sore. The carpet was dirty and sticky. The furniture appeared to be old and tattered. The air conditioner was very loud. The bathroom was also very outdated. The flooring, the toilet haphazardly installed, and the counter top in the bathroom was too high. I was charged extra for the “suite” and it was disgusting. Since I’d arrived very late, I requested a different room, which was much nicer. All of the guest accommodation spaces need to be up to par and updated.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear drmkreeves,

We are very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserved during your recent stay. Please know that the problems encountered are not typical of our hotel and staff and will be addressed accordingly to avoid recurrence for future guests. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience, as your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to display our true Hamptonality.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

I reserved a king suite and received and standard king room, front desk night auditor argued with me that it was the room I reserved even after I showed her the reservation email. They did take $10 bucks a night off, but big deal! WiFi doesn't work right. I did get a response about the WiFi after emailing the GM. Was told to call a number from cable company if I needed help. I explained to the front desk girl that it wasn't me phone or laptop,
It was an issue with the signal strength.
I even showed her a snapshot showing the bad signals. Breakfast is a joke. They only have meat every other day. The kitchen lady lied to me twice. When I asked about meat, I was told "it's in the oven" 45 min later I asked again after I saw she only brought out omelets and I was told, " no meat today, maybe tomorrow. This happened 2 out of 4 days I stayed there. Bad communication and you get lied too.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Thomas T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Good day,

I just want to clarify some of your statements. Yes, you did book a King Study, but you also requested a room on the first floor and by the door as you had some health issues. We set you up in a regular King by the Lobby, after I talked with you concerning your room, I sent a microwave to your room, adjusted your price $10.00 lower each day. As to the internet, the staff at the desk offered to assist you in logging on, as the access point is right outside of your room, you then sent an email to the GM. She logged on and checked our internet status and everything was up and running at optimal performance. She then called to verify that the data was correct, they logged in and checked the access point outside your room and confirmed it was working fine.

In addition to your other comments we also extended you a 100% credit for one night of your stay. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, I feel my staff worked hard to make sure your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. I wish you the best in your next visit to Pittsburgh it truly is a great city to visit.