“Would book again in a heartbeat”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friend and I were staying here using frequent flier miles as a place to crash after a concert in the stadium. The location made it an easy trip to Pittsburgh, but was quite awkward to navigate coming from the city. Other than that I was highly impressed. The room was modern and very clean. It had a nice TV and good free WiFi and desk area. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on and the white linens and duvets were obviously just cleaned. The bathroom was very nice and had a new hairdrier that actually matched one I had at home and they advertised being able to supply any necessities (toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, etc) that we may have forgotten for free. While we were unable to make it to breakfast, we did take advantage of their snack shop which had everything including frozen meals at reasonable prices. The staff was wonderful and accommodating and even checked in to make sure our room was alright. One of the nicest places I've stayed (especially for the price). High praise!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
176MeganM, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd., responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for the great review! I am so pleased you had an enjoyable experience with us. I hope you enjoyed the concert and were able to enjoy your visit to the city. We are an easy commute to the city without being in the chaos of downtown. I'm glad you were able to make use of some of our amenities and I'm sorry you missed breakfast. I hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from June 23rd- June 27th, and would stay again. The rooms are roomy, the beds are comfy, the breakfast offers a lot of choice and plenty of seating. We noticed on the evening of night 1, when we went to warm up some left-overs that there was no microwave but on day 2 maintenance brought one in. There were some bad rain storms and the hotel lost power on Teusday night, the staff handed out flashlights and did their best to accomodate the guests. On the down side, this was a business trip and no power meant no internet and no work was accomplished that night. It was just a few businesses on the that stretch that lost power...I would recomend that they get a back-up generator. They do accomodate smokers, which we are, but the 4th floor, on several occasions, smelled of a "different" kind of weed other than tobacco. Over-all it was a nice stay.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the review! I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and do apologize about the power outage during your visit. It was a major inconvenience for us which ended up lasting several days! I am glad we were able to keep running and provide the best service we could in such conditions. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area and I hope we have power the whole time!!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before. The rooms are nice considering the price... good front desk folks... The gym needs a major overhaul/rebuild. The universal weight stack is really out of date and needs to be oiled. The weight system states a series of exercises that can be performed, but it looks like it must be based on a different model. It is flat out wrong. The elliptical ski machine's sensors are broken/missing and the treadmills have all kinds of issues. Being a biz traveler a basic gym is very important. This Hampton has potential with a refresh in some aspects.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was very please with Hampton Inn staff and price. Everyone there was very helpful and we enjoyed our stay there very much. The rooms are large and very clean. My next stay will also be with the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Smokers are welcome, they have designated Guest rooms, that let in fresh air and removed the smoke. The Free Breakfast Offered Hot Eggs, Meat, make your own fresh waffle, etc ,I Love that considering I had no need for a car out there, PLUS... They have a little Quickie Mart inside, Frozen Dinners, Hot Pockets, snacks, ICE Cream, Room , Sodas < juice, etc and 24 hour Fresh coffee and Tea if u wanted it. Staff wise my expectations were met, Genuine people who wanted me to be happy during my stay, I did not require daily Housekeeping, so I just put the do not disturb sign on my door and left a tip when I checked out. My room was fresh . clean, Perfect on my arrival. Going to arrive over 5 hours later than you tell them? They appreciate it when you give them a call to let the know, check out is 11am, I asked for late and Got 1230pm check out, FREE COMPUTER/ FAX service in Breakfast area , just in case you need to Print Boarding passes or kill some time. Storage for Luggage . Décor was nice, Price of 139.00 per night plus tax, I felt it was fair, The reason for my stay at Hampton Inn Pittburgh made the cost cheap.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Here's the 1,2,3a...
1. Very good, comfortable, solid Hampton Inn. Rooms are what you would expect from a Hampton. Clean, nice, comfortable.

2. Extra amenities such as breakfast, WiFi, pool, fitness center, etc. are all great too.

3. There's no restaurants or shopping around this hotel within a decent walking distance and no hotel shuttle, so you're kinda stuck if you don't have a car. Everything is close, but not walkable as hotel is along a busy highway.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Pack-Less
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Everything from the staff to the service to cleanliness was perfect. Highly recommend! The location from where we needed to go was right on. The staff made sure we knew where we were going. They had restaurants of all kinds, so that anything you were we hungry for was just a hop, skip and a jump away. I would give The Hampton 10 stars!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple