“Typical Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stay in a lot of Hampton Inns because they are reliable, consistent and a good value. Using Hampton Inns for overnight trips is a handy way to maintain your Hilton HHonors status.

This particulary property is a convenient location for trips to Pittsburgh when I attend meetings at the Greater Pittsburgh Masonic Center.

The hotel is absolutely typical for a Hampton Inn. The rooms are nice and clean, the lobby is comfortable, the clerks at the front desk are helpful and informative, there is plenty of free parking, and the free breakfast in the morning is the same as every other Hampton Inn.

McKnight Road is divided, so if you are approaching the hotel from Pittsburgh, you'll need to go past the hotel to the next light, make a right and do a U-turn, then get on McKnight Road in the opposite direction. This isn't a big deal, but it's worth knowing in advance that you have to do this.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ARWhite

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Hampton June 29-30..Check-in was smooth after the 5 1/2hr drive from Toronto for the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert at Heinz Field..only 17 min taxi ride for $20..not bad in our opinion compared to the cost of the downtown hotels. Our room was large, clean and freezing..my husband loved it. We enjoyed the free Wi-Fi (helped with directions around town) The hotel was nice and quiet at night and has a great Manager Jenn and great staff....We even forgot a few amenities and Jenn was able to supply them to us for free Thanks!!..we will return when we return to Pittsburg!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank alienstarburst
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family of three stayed at this hotel for 1 night on July 3 (Tuesday). Our destination was Allison Park and this was one of 2 of the closest hotels in the area. This hotel has been recently renovated - it looks like it was just built. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the facilities and the room (spotless!) The beds were very comfortable (Sleep Number beds). The fan in the bathroom wasn't working,so the bathroom got a little steamy during showers.We informed the staff of that when we checked out. Not a big deal. The location is pretty good. Access to I-279, but not so close you can hear any highway noises. There are several malls and lots of stores and restaurants about 1-2 miles south of the hotel on McKnight Rd. We missed the complimentary breakfast (6:30-10), so I can't comment on that, but judging from the hotel service and appearance, I have no doubt it was good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bhull3
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Room had excessive wear, bathroom was pretty beat up, and the beds were in need of a change. Older television in a room that lacked the normal stuff you'd find in a Hampton. Cleanliness was not an issue except for the bathroom which was hard to make it look clean. The lobby was cramped at breakfast, however it was doable. Hotel is in a great location for going to a game in Pittsburgh to save some cash. Staff was professional.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Another day, another Hampton. I stay at Hampton Inn's for the value and for the consistency. The room was very spacious, comfortable bed, nicely furnished. The hotel wasn't the closest to the city but in a decent location. The neighborhood felt safe and inviting (next to a big church). The drive to Pittsburgh wasn't bad at all, just a few minutes from a major interstate.

Another Hampton, another good nights sleep, good price/value and friendly people. What more can you ask for when traveling for work?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank billycanojr
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Most people's we ran into here were very nice. Especially the woman taking care of the wonderful breakfast.

Hmmm didn't really care for woman at front desk after we ordered a pizza late after the game one night and I called her specifically to let her know to be on the lookout. Pizza guy came. Gave her the wrong room #. She sent him on his way BACK to pizza parlor. We were starving so I was pretty disgusted when, after 45-minutes I called driver and after an hour walked him to me. Pizza was wonderful btw! Can't remember the name at the moment but will look it up to review as well. Something "Italian" in the name.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Cloverxxo123
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband has been staying at this property for a few weeks now, and I have been going back and forth on the weekends visiting him. This hotel is pretty nice. The location is fantastic, as it's really easy to get downtown, to the mall or other shopping, and to restaurants. The rooms are spacious and fairly clean. When I say fairly I mean there aren't any bedbugs, but there were a few stray pieces of dirt on the carpet. Not a huge deal. The staff here has consistently gone above and beyond whenever we make any requests, and they have been super helpful. Just to name a couple examples, they moved my husband from a queen room to a king room at his request even though they were full. Jenn at the front desk called around at bars in the area to ask which bars were playing the UFC fights one weekend and then gave me the list along with directions.

There were only two things that happened which made me give this hotel three stars. I really wanted to give it four stars because of the staff, but these things annoyed me enough to where I didn't think four stars was warranted. First, the weekend I arrived was the weekend they moved my husband into a king room. I moved all our suitcases and such while he was at work and checked the room out. Room was fine, but the comforter in one place smelled like it had been urinated on, which was kinda gross. I will say housekeeping came right away and changed it for me. They were also very apologetic. Still gross. The last thing was the hot water. If you do stay there, don't bother trying to take a shower during the day, because there is no hot water. Twice I tried to take a shower during the day, and one in the evening, and the water was pretty cold. Unless you want to run the water for 20-30 minute prior to getting in, I would just get up and take one in the morning. Other than that, this is a nice hotel, and I would come back for the price, staff, and location.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are nice because they are typically larger. We stayed on the third floor most of ou...