“Hotel is crying for help”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Barrow, Alaska
“Hotel is crying for help”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Room had excessive wear, bathroom was pretty beat up, and the beds were in need of a change. Older television in a room that lacked the normal stuff you'd find in a Hampton. Cleanliness was not an issue except for the bathroom which was hard to make it look clean. The lobby was cramped at breakfast, however it was doable. Hotel is in a great location for going to a game in Pittsburgh to save some cash. Staff was professional.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Another day, another Hampton. I stay at Hampton Inn's for the value and for the consistency. The room was very spacious, comfortable bed, nicely furnished. The hotel wasn't the closest to the city but in a decent location. The neighborhood felt safe and inviting (next to a big church). The drive to Pittsburgh wasn't bad at all, just a few minutes from a major interstate.

Another Hampton, another good nights sleep, good price/value and friendly people. What more can you ask for when traveling for work?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank billycanojr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Most people's we ran into here were very nice. Especially the woman taking care of the wonderful breakfast.

Hmmm didn't really care for woman at front desk after we ordered a pizza late after the game one night and I called her specifically to let her know to be on the lookout. Pizza guy came. Gave her the wrong room #. She sent him on his way BACK to pizza parlor. We were starving so I was pretty disgusted when, after 45-minutes I called driver and after an hour walked him to me. Pizza was wonderful btw! Can't remember the name at the moment but will look it up to review as well. Something "Italian" in the name.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Cloverxxo123
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband has been staying at this property for a few weeks now, and I have been going back and forth on the weekends visiting him. This hotel is pretty nice. The location is fantastic, as it's really easy to get downtown, to the mall or other shopping, and to restaurants. The rooms are spacious and fairly clean. When I say fairly I mean there aren't any bedbugs, but there were a few stray pieces of dirt on the carpet. Not a huge deal. The staff here has consistently gone above and beyond whenever we make any requests, and they have been super helpful. Just to name a couple examples, they moved my husband from a queen room to a king room at his request even though they were full. Jenn at the front desk called around at bars in the area to ask which bars were playing the UFC fights one weekend and then gave me the list along with directions.

There were only two things that happened which made me give this hotel three stars. I really wanted to give it four stars because of the staff, but these things annoyed me enough to where I didn't think four stars was warranted. First, the weekend I arrived was the weekend they moved my husband into a king room. I moved all our suitcases and such while he was at work and checked the room out. Room was fine, but the comforter in one place smelled like it had been urinated on, which was kinda gross. I will say housekeeping came right away and changed it for me. They were also very apologetic. Still gross. The last thing was the hot water. If you do stay there, don't bother trying to take a shower during the day, because there is no hot water. Twice I tried to take a shower during the day, and one in the evening, and the water was pretty cold. Unless you want to run the water for 20-30 minute prior to getting in, I would just get up and take one in the morning. Other than that, this is a nice hotel, and I would come back for the price, staff, and location.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are nice because they are typically larger. We stayed on the third floor most of ou...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LoZav
Long Valley, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Pretty typical Hampton Inn. We were visiting for a bridal shower so had booked several rooms. It was nice they put us on the same floor and I was able to get a group rate, (The sales associate who helped make those arrangements was very prompt and helpful.) Breakfast was typical and the space sufficient for the number of guests. Our bathroom sink was clogged but repaired promptly (shouldn't have gone past the room cleaners, though) and the tv signal was horrible! Frustrating trying to watch the Stanley Cup and French Open with continual freezing and pixelating. The woman at the front desk said they were changing providers and that was the reason.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dpeirson
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great stay for a quick visit to Pittsburg. Perfect location to get to a baseball game or downtown. Clean and nice breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank jillywade
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn when visiting a relative in UPMC Passavant. Autumn at the front desk is what GREAT customer service is all about. We had not called ahead but Autumn said she had three rooms available. I had some questions and she volunteered to show me the three rooms that were available. She was so nice the whole time we looked at rooms. I picked a room on the back side of the hotel near the exercise room. The room was spacious and immaculate. It was very quiet and so convenient when we went to work out the next morning. Before I left to go back to the hospital , I asked Autumn for a suggestion for local restaurant that was good . She suggested the Mad Mex. It was delcious and our waiter was great. I had some of the best San Franscisco style tacos ever in a Mexican restaurant . The next morning we used the exercise room. It is small but nice . It has three treadmills, a bike , an eliptical, a universal weight machine , a sit up bench and two tvs. It also was very clean. The free buffet breakfast was fresh and constantly restocked by two attendants. There were free USA Today and Pittsburgh Gazette Newspapers. This hotel was a nice haven after being in an ICU room all day. Depending on where you are going , it can be a little tricky as others have said but once again Autumn gave us a map and directions. She highlighted the map with a yellow highlighter for us we had no trouble at all. We would definitely stay here again when we go back to Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back side of the hotel near the exercise room . It was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jenou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn
#36 of 68 in Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#57 of 68 in Pittsburgh

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.

Property: Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.
Address: 4575 McKnight Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237-3108
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
#11 Family Hotel in Pittsburgh
#19 Romantic Hotel in Pittsburgh
#21 Business Hotel in Pittsburgh
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd. 2.5*
Our Pittsburgh, PA hotel is five minutes away from downtown, situated right at the entrance to the business district. Stay connected with free WiFi and enjoy free, hot breakfast, as well as free parking. Hold large or small meetings (accommodations for up to 40 people), and workout in our fitness room or indoor swimming pool. Relax with comfortable room options, in-room microwaves and mini-refrigerators, or upgrade to a suite with a separate living room, sofa bed and soothing whirlpool. Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Mcknight Rd. is less than 10 miles away from: the University of Pittsburgh, Andy Warhol Museum, Benedum Center, Carnegie Mellon University, Heinz Field, P.N.C. Park, Ross Park Mall, North Park Golf Course, and other Pittsburgh attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd. Hotel Pittsburgh