“One of the nicer Hampton's I've stayed in.”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The staff here is really the gem! The hotel is nice and well kept, slightly above the average Hampton. Location is tricky depending on where you are heading but the front desk provides a nice sheet of directions to almost anywhere!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony R

Reviewed April 26, 2012

You need a car for this hotel, and GPS would help! I had both and so finding the hotel was a breeze. It is a nice clean smart business hotel. I didnt spend that long in my room so I cannot say too much. Bit wired that you have to call down to ask for shower cap etc! its a nice place to stay for business.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Modest613
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This past weekend, my family had a mini-reunion in North Hills, Pittsburgh, PA. My parents havwe recently moved into an Assisted Living facility near McKnight Road in Pittsburgh, so the Hampton Inn was very convenient. When I booked the room, I was told that there were no more nonsmoking rooms available, and I was given a room in the smoking section. But the desk clerk told me that she would make a note for the desk clerk on duty when I checked in to check at that time to see if any nonsmoking rooms were available. Just as promised, when I checked in, the desk clerk, Jenn, told me that she was checking to see if a nonsmoking room was available. She saw that I had my granchildren with me and that they were anxious to use the pool, so not only did she find us a nonsmoking room, but she found us one very close to the pool!

I have stayed at this hotel before, and the rooms are very clean and the beds, comfortable. They have all the amenities a guest could want or need, including hair dryer, small refrigerator and free internet. The hot breakfast is wonderful, too, and they have two ladies on duty to make sure everything is refilled as needed and fresh as can be.

When I looked at my bill the next morning, I noticed that they had not given me the AARP discount that I was quoted when I made the reservation. I went to the desk and brought it to their attention, and the desk clerk, Autumn, was quick to tell me that it would be corrected when I came back after loading the car, and it was.

Overall, I can't think of a better place to stay, and I will definitely be back next time I am in Pittsburgh, which is pretty regularly now.

Room Tip: If you park to the left of the lobby (looking at the hotel), there is a door that gives easier acces...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan N
Reviewed February 27, 2012

When in Pittsburgh I normally like the Hampton by the strip, but if that is full this is a great replacement. It is located close enough to the city that within minutes you can be downtown. The rooms are always clean, the breakfast is enough to get you moving in the morning, and there are plenty of places to eat if you decide not to go downtown for a meal.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms. I normally have a room on a high floor away from the elevator but really th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wkrupa
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This updated hotel is close to downtown. Clean and a typical Hampton remodel very is very good. McKnight road is very busy road and you can only go South (towards downtown) out of the hotel parking lot. The hotel is clean and full cable TV. They added a new pool and work out area when they remodeled. It is very nice. There are no restaurants in walking distance and a bit of a hassle to make a turn around to go North on McKnight road although there are a ton of restaurants that way.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ohio28
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Very nice rooms... good price... very slow Internet speeds.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Room was clean. Had no noise problems on trip. Used fitness room (one treadmill belt is a little worn so had to try another and it was fine). Could not figure out how to get stair stepper on though. TV's in room for watching. Site has indoor pool. Breakfast had typical variety. Used computer in lobby area but it was sooooooo slow. I even cleared all history/cookies and still very slow. Would suggest you bring your own laptop if you are thinking of using wi-fi. If you need to print air tickets or UPS shipping labels just be prepared. Staff was friendly on both shifts I encountered. It is hard to get to hotel if you are coming from one direction.........have to go down along concrete wall median until about Red Lobster which is one of the closest restaurants in area to turn around (guessing 1/2mi down).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business