“First time in Pitt, trip to visit an old friend, can't complain!”

Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton
Ranked #67 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Okay so the staff was very nice. It was my first trip in the entire region and in Pittsburgh, but this Motel was pretty easy to locate off of Interstate 79 Northbound. There were several loud drunk men outside of my room all night, none of the fault of the motels' but they were a disturbance and I was highly pissed at them. The front office was very helpful and friendly. The location may not have many nearby ammenites such as restraunts or even gas stations but it was close to downtown Pittsburgh for those attraction needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sawyer C

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The room was very small. The showerhead was very low. There was no shampoo or hairdryer.
Were told to open the window if the room got too warm. No control of temperature. There was no table or chair to sit on.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Complaints first: The rooms were small, the showerhead was 5' above the ground, no breakfast or even coffee, and there was a total of 15 channels (2 hbos though). However with that being said, they had literally the cheapest rooms in the Pittsburgh area so you expect it to be basic. The staff was pretty nice and the grounds were not as dirty as most hotels in this range. Bathroom fan, fridge, and microwave were a plus and the location is good 20 min to downtown and 1 mile from primantis. There's a diner down the street. Customers seemed to be mostly extended stay contractors and workers. Overall, it is acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank markdabears
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went to a Pirates game with my boyfriend and got out late. Ended up having to stop somewhere for the night due to severe storms. Called my mom and she pointed us to the cheapest hotels in the area. I wasn't expecting much from this for the price. Room was clean. Almost no mold in the bathroom. Water was hot. Free coffee in the morning, breakfast starting after 10. Overall, I was very happy with our stay. Planning on staying there again next week.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amandaraeperry
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just checked in. July 12, 2013. Sketchy staff and people in the parking lot. Looks and feels a little run down... paint on top of dirt.... although rooms do smell clean. A little scared leaving my car in the parking lot. Hope it's there tomorrow. This is just based on the general feeling of the place, not due to any particular experience. I'm a single man around 40, so I travel alone often. Got tired of paying $100+ per night for a bed and shower. Not sure this is the answer. The non smoking room smells like smoke, as usual. Definitely feels like a $57/night hotel. Right now, I'm wishing I would have paid another $50 someplace else. I'll be happy if my car is still here when I wake up. Worth it? Not at the moment. Oh, and the few neighbors that are here are noisy. Grrr

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank rluke1971
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in room 120 on Saturday june 15 2013 .. Stoned working girl ( acting as she was working lot .. No this was not a employee .. she even came up frond .. she told people to come on down to her room she was 1/2 dressed ... I was waiting in car to get room then .. got to room and just out side my door next roon 119 girl was working that side as well ... just was not safe place to be alone even men were working the hotel lots .. We got there around 9pm .. Room did look clean and smelled clean but we got bit al night by fleas or ants not sure .. I had to ripped blankets off bed ... Itched so bad i had to get up at 130 to take shower .. Dog in 119 barked all night long ... This hotel has those connecting to next room doors ... That creeped me out too!

Room Tip: Put all pet ownes in one area , Have police patrol the hotel at night
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Helen K
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband & I stayed here when we were in town for a concert. It is a little shady, as a woman I would not want to stay here with out a man with me. Shady people in the parking lot (didn't talk to them though), the staff was nice, the lady at the front desk asked us to wait a few extra minutes so they could make sure the room was clean (and it was). The room was small, average. The AC didn't work (there was a sign saying it wad to early in the season to turn it on I was confused as it was late May) so we went to the local walmart & bought a cheap box fan (not a big deal to us). Check-out was a breeze stopped by the office dropped off my key card and that was it.

Bottom line: we will stay here agin, its a clean, cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ae_valadez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#6 of 11 in Coraopolis
Comfort Inn Conference Center
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#57 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton? Share your experiences!