“Wouldn't want to stay here alone.”

Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton
Ranked #67 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Definitely get what you pay for with this one; As bare minimum as you can be. . Just didnt't get a great feeling staying there. Bathroom (well the room in general) smelled terrible and the shower head barely hit my shoulders (and I'm 5'2").The room was ridiculously warm and could not figure out how to turn the air on. The wifi was free the first night but would have been $3 there after.
OK for last minute stop for one night. We spent one night at the Motel 6 then moved to the Travelodge right next door the next night because we just felt so uncomfortable (the Travelodge was only $10 more with free wifi and the rooms felt much better). The location is actually pretty good. 5-10 mins from The Mall at Robinson, Ikea, & lots of food places including a Pramanti Brothers location.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'll start with the good: the front desk staff were very nice and the room is clean. The bad: the "queen" mattress was definitely a full. I could have lived with it had it been somewhat comfortable but it was not! The floor probably would have been better. The walls were also paper thin. I listened to the tv from the room next to us and heard the people above us walking around all night. I know you get what you pay for so I wasn't expecting the Hilton but that mattress should have been at the dumpster with the other 30 we saw as we were driving to our room!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've stayed here numerous times because it's a convenient location (10-15 minutes from downtown). This motel is older and somewhat dated. The rooms are adequately clean, and the shower seems to alternate hot and cold while you're in there. The carpet and paint seem to be worn in many of the rooms. The outside/parking lot could use some maintenance, and they need to pick up the trash outside more often. However, the rates are rock-bottom, and the staff has been quite helpful.

If you're looking for a basic, no-frills motel close to Pittsburgh, this Motel 6 is a good fit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Do not stay here! There were ppl doing drugs and fighting in the parking lot. Scary place! Wanted to leave but was scared I would be gunned down in the parking lot!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Amber W
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here before and found it fine for the money. The rooms are clean and the bathroom is clean. The breakfast was fine and they tried to keep it plentiful. Our complaint this time was the shower wasn't very powerful. My husband was very disappointed. We were staying almost a week here for my daughters wedding and even stayed here for a day afterwards in another room. Both times the shower was inadequate. I hope they fix that. This hotel is right off of 79 so great for travelers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I Originally stayed here from May 5,-May 6th, 2012

Upon booking rooms for an upcoming trip, this happened to be the cheapest room I could find in most of Pittsburgh, and ended up booking the room directly through Motel6.com instead of Kayak due to a vast price difference. Staff where all friendly and courteous. Yes the place does look run down, but I have stayed much worse places then this. The renovations that had been done, appeared hap hazard. The room was small but clean, and the bed extremely firm :(.

Upon checking in I did find out the WIFI is pay only, but at the time since I only needed an address the front desk looked the address up for me. With no problems. The shower was a rather confusing setup that sprayed toward the door. But over all I enjoyed my stay and really only needed a place to crash overnight. I did not find the place to be dirty or scary as some reviews suggest. I also had no problems from the other tenants during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lillith B
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Location works as long as you have vehicle transportation to drive back and forth to places, but there is not much in the immediate vicinity. Room appeared to be have been recently painted or cleaned with its glossy, clinical, white walls and simple decor. No tub and the shower head is only about 5 feet from the floor. Was this designed by a gnome? I might stay here again if I were passing through, but am hoping to avoid the area entirely in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#66 of 72 in Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#53 of 72 in Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#57 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton? Share your experiences!