“Drug infested”

Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton
Ranked #69 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Do not stay here! There were ppl doing drugs and fighting in the parking lot. Scary place! Wanted to leave but was scared I would be gunned down in the parking lot!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Amber W
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here before and found it fine for the money. The rooms are clean and the bathroom is clean. The breakfast was fine and they tried to keep it plentiful. Our complaint this time was the shower wasn't very powerful. My husband was very disappointed. We were staying almost a week here for my daughters wedding and even stayed here for a day afterwards in another room. Both times the shower was inadequate. I hope they fix that. This hotel is right off of 79 so great for travelers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I Originally stayed here from May 5,-May 6th, 2012

Upon booking rooms for an upcoming trip, this happened to be the cheapest room I could find in most of Pittsburgh, and ended up booking the room directly through Motel6.com instead of Kayak due to a vast price difference. Staff where all friendly and courteous. Yes the place does look run down, but I have stayed much worse places then this. The renovations that had been done, appeared hap hazard. The room was small but clean, and the bed extremely firm :(.

Upon checking in I did find out the WIFI is pay only, but at the time since I only needed an address the front desk looked the address up for me. With no problems. The shower was a rather confusing setup that sprayed toward the door. But over all I enjoyed my stay and really only needed a place to crash overnight. I did not find the place to be dirty or scary as some reviews suggest. I also had no problems from the other tenants during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lillith B
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Location works as long as you have vehicle transportation to drive back and forth to places, but there is not much in the immediate vicinity. Room appeared to be have been recently painted or cleaned with its glossy, clinical, white walls and simple decor. No tub and the shower head is only about 5 feet from the floor. Was this designed by a gnome? I might stay here again if I were passing through, but am hoping to avoid the area entirely in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Dingy, as a single women traveling alone I didn't like my room in the back facing the back dimly lit parking lot with trees nearby. The staff was friendly and it is very inexpensive so I really did not expect much. HOWEVER be forewarned I called roomservice ( realy the local restaurant delivers) 3 different menu items I chose they told me they no longer carry it.... expensive room service menu and food was horrible! They are pet friendly and that is why I chose it. Although only 5 miles from downtown Pittsburg it took me close to 45 minutes to drive downtown in the morning - SO leave early!

Room Tip: Ask for Front of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lyttle6
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The heating system is archaic and totally disfunctional. It comes on so strong that the extreme heat wakes you up. Then ot gets so freezing cold that you can't sleep. Alternates between 50 degrees and 100 without ever stopping in between. They said it would cost too mich for decent heat. So they comp the room of those who complain. A free room is not worth traveling without any sleep.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank shawnsstuff
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Athough the front desk folks were nice the clientele was quite scary. There were so many cars and people there it was difficult to find a parking spot close to our room. It did seem as those all these folks left early in the morning so I guess they were all laborers but wasn't very comfortable at night. Hair dryers are "borrowed" in the morning from the lobby if available... didnt like that. The room was clean and water hot but just didnt feel safe here.

Room Tip: use the econolodge at the bottom of the hill... free wifi, free breakfast, updated rooms, rooms equi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank hollyedw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#53 of 71 in Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#38 of 71 in Pittsburgh

Been to Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton? Share your experiences!